1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF in Belgium and The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Ogi, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

i think its time to make a new thread for the players in Belgium and Nederlands. so i wonder is there anyone out there wants to play? yeah, VF5 thats it! lol

from what i know:

Belgium: me, jeff, Dar. (me and dar lives in Antwerpen, jeff lives in Brussels)

Ned: Vortigar, Sof, Malekith, Reaver...

i got the game and two HGs(one is Dar's) and got my PS3 yesterday(mid nite launch lol). so i am thinking about a meeting(at my place) during this weekend, sat or sun? lol i know its bit late, cuz i was not sure if i can get a ps3 at launch... sorry

Dar: i contacted jeff(aka vandammage) yesterday, talked about this meeting thing, jeff said sat would be good, but u said u got stuff to do this sat, hmm so i dont know. anyway for me its all good. lol

and about further sessions, i dont know what it will be like, but not at my place lol.

anyway feel free to post in this thread, now i need some nap, too tired now...

peace
    ogi

2. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Re: VF in Belgium and The Nederlands

I'm already promoting VF5 among my friends tommorrow.

So maybe Sunday?
    It's a bit of a drive ain't it?

I'll get back to you on this one.

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Me too, sadly I havent been able to play much.

4. Vortigar

I won't be able to come sunday either. Got a lot of stuff on the agenda. I've had my PS3 for 24 hours now and of those only 1 has included any VF...

Hell of a start ain't it?

5. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

sup fishie how is doing? lol

thats cool vorigar! did u get a stick for vf5 yet?

i played jeff today, lol. jeff did ok for who has never played VF5 before, lol. anyway right now we both sux, stil need some time to get good with this new game...

i will try to upload some matches we played today, when i get them capped frist ofcourse. lol

ogi

6. kabukicho

kabukicho Member

Sup all,

I am quite new into VF, cuz I am more of a Tekken player in the past ( T3/TTT/T4). I have more or less quited the gaming scene due to time shortage and competition availability, but as Ogi doesnt live that far from me, I might hook up some VF-action.

So I basicly have start from scratch, but that doesnt scare me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. Vortigar

My stick comes in halfway through the week or something. Can't wait to plug it in.

I got some time in to see how Brad and Goh fly in VF5, and (Not that it really matters.) I noticed the sixaxis is a lot touchier than the dualshock, especially the shoulder buttons, my timing was waaaay off.

Fishie:
    Where are you located? (I always thought you were in England or something)

Insane_Gambit / Kabukicho:
    I'd say drop Ogi a line and pick a date. What's the worst that could happen eh?

aside:
    Can't wait to see what my AI Goh looks like, friggin' Protector rank.

8. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

lol vortigar, insane gambit/ kabukicho = Dar lol!
    anyway i just capped our movies, uploading now...
    should be ready tonite.

P.S dar if u want me upload frist to 3 matches(all matches)...lol

9. kabukicho

kabukicho Member

Yes I have got my first session VF5 yesterday at Ogi's place and it was a pure ownage festivity of Ogi!!

I got brucked, owned for free and humiliated by his Kage. Nevertheless I enjoyed those games and need to get use to the VF-system. I know its a bad excuse :p

Lets try to organise a meeting with all the heads of this thread /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ogi:
    np

10. Vortigar

Gah!

Hope to see you guys sooner rather than later.

11. Sofiane

Sofiane Well-Known Member

PSN:
    sofiane-senshu
    XBL:
    Sofiane-senshu

Hi dudes,

Meetings can be hold at my place, only problem is I don't have a ps3 myself yet, so if people want to bring it with them, than its no prob for me to arrange a meeting. This weekend I have a tekken dr tournament in france but starting from the weekend after,its no problem to play at my place.

@Dar: ready to go to the hell chamber /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif?

12. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

dar: nah u are good, u have got potentials lol!
    sof: meeting at ur place is cool, if dar can drive with me to NED. i d like to come, but ps3 is fuking heavy shit...lol and two sticks lol. maybe vortigar can bring his ps3? we bring our sticks? what do u think? and we need a date, btw dar is gone during the easter(holiday to hongkong lol). anyway i d like do a good meeting before may. what do u guys think?

ok here are the movies, enjoy!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmoHIO2xRks"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmoHIO2xRks" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

me(KA) vs Jeff(AK)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Doe-8DzW4W8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Doe-8DzW4W8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

me(KA) vs Dar(PA)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4k7WgvahDIQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4k7WgvahDIQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

me(KA) vs Dar(PA) sorry about this one dar... lol/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwdeAgbTKBU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwdeAgbTKBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

me(KA) vs Dar(PA)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jRv36QKizfI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jRv36QKizfI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

me(KA) vs Dar(PA) last one, dar did bouce combos omg!(so he was lying about he is noob at vf../forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif) lol

until next time then...
    damm i got ton of homework to do.../forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

13. Vortigar

So that'd make the first possible date Saturday the 14th of April.

It'd be no problem to bring my PS3. I'm holding on to the box for now, so I can just pack it away nice and neat.

Do you have an HD-tv Sof?

If more people show up (Malekith, Reaver) we might like to have two setups if at all possible.

Oh yeah, Vort will do just fine for short ^_^

14. kabukicho

kabukicho Member

Well I am returning Sunday 15th...but please feel free to organise anything without me.

Sof: Aargghh the return of the HELL-chamber lol!!
    Ps: good luck in France!

15. Vortigar

Not my intention at all, just forgot to take in account you'll be gone for the entire week plus the following weekend.

16. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Sint Gillis Waas, why did you think England?

17. Vortigar

Totally unsure actually, somehow my brain linked you up with the London crew.

I finally played some VF5 against a flesh and blood person yesterday. Been a while since I played VF against someone. Twas envigorating.

18. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha ok.
    Cool

19. Vortigar

Well, this plan for a meeting has been floating around for a while now. So I thought it'd be about time to put the thing together.

Location for the meet is going to be Sofiane's place.

The most plausible date so far is the weekend of the 28 and 29th of April. (A weekend earlier is a bit soon I think (but not impossible), the weekend after that both Ogi and I got stuff coming up.)

Of course, we'll need Sofiane's go on this first. I also assume people will be staying over (especially the Belgians), so we'll need to make some arrangements on that as well.

I'll be bringing my PS3 and stick and Ogi will be bringing another pair of sticks. Sof's got another PS3 and probably a stick (? a pad in any case), so that'd make two setups right off the bat.

The list of attendants so far is the following:
    Sofiane (naturally)
    Vortigar
    Ogi
    Dar

20. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet

Hello all, Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Twan and live in utrecht. been playing vf4evo for a bit & playing vf5 a bit more in depth now. i know both sloopiane and had a little meet with vortigar the other week. i'm playing jeffry as my main.

hopefully we can play against each other soon!
    cya