1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF in LA?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all,

I've just moved to LA from Australia, and my #1 priority is to find a VF4 machine!

Where can I find one? I'm in Santa Monica, so the closer the better, but I'm willing to travel.

thx

cam.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Southern Hills Golfland (SHGL) around Irvine (I think). Should be within an hour from Santa Monica? There's a test version of VF4 there and SHGL should not be hard to find if you look it up and ask around. The online active video game community that resides in LA should all be pretty familiar with SHGL (Capcom, Tekken, VOOT, DDR seem to be popular there or so I hear).

-Chanchai

3. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks... will check it out when I have some other things in order... (you know, like somewhere to live!)

cam.

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    The VF4 machine is in a suburb of LA called Stanton, approx. 25 miles SE of LA.

If you take the 10 West in Santa Monica, you can take the 5 South from it once you pass Downtown LA. Just stay on the 5 South for about 20 miles, then you'll come to Beach (Boullevard?)- the 39 highway. Take Beach (the 39) South off the 5, and stay on it for about 5-7 miles. If you reach the 22 freeway, you've gone a couple blocks too far. Southern Hills Golf Land is on the West (right coming from the 5) side of the street on Beach, about 3 blocks north of the 22.

The best time to go is Friday and Saturday nights if you want to have any hope of playing with other people; otherwise you can look forward to having a VF4 machine all to yourself! They have stools as well, and you can eat/drink there too. 2 Tokens per play, 25 tokens for $5.

The machine has been there about 2 weeks, so SOA might pull it soon-ish.

I'd like to meet you there, but I'm going to Japan on Monday and I have a very busy week. Maybe when I get back, we can hook up there, if they still have the machine.

Spotlite