VF in Taipei

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by IRUS, Jun 21, 2002.

1. IRUS

IRUS New Member

Hi, I just moved back to Taipei. As I am not familiar with the vf scene here was wondering if anyone wanted to hook up and play some vf?

2. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

I went to Taipei in January and played VF4 with people there. I thought arcades were banned, but now it seemed that they changed the law again. Anyway, at that time, I found some good players, comparable to Japanese players. Well, most of them didn't know the game in depth just like people here. I guess, it's just because there's not enough competition. It's been five months since then, but I'm sure you can find some people. (There was a Lei-fei player named Mark. At that time, he was as good as high-class Lei-fei players in Japan. And he mentioned a couple of players who were better than him.)

3. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

When I was in Kaohsuing this past may/june, I went to the sega center arcade. It's located on the 6th floor of some shopping plaza. Don't remember the name. There was lots of good players there. I played a variety of players from Shun, Aoi, Jacky, Sarah, and Lau. Not one person I played in the 5 days or so played Akira or Wolf which was interesting to me. But anyways, if you can make a train ride there, they constantly have tournaments according to some of the players that play there. There is also a cyber cafe in the fourth floor where they have some fps games on computer and such.