1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF in Taipei

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by IRUS, Jun 21, 2002.

1. IRUS

IRUS New Member

Hi, I just moved back to Taipei. As I am not familiar with the vf scene here was wondering if anyone wanted to hook up and play some vf?

2. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

I went to Taipei in January and played VF4 with people there. I thought arcades were banned, but now it seemed that they changed the law again. Anyway, at that time, I found some good players, comparable to Japanese players. Well, most of them didn't know the game in depth just like people here. I guess, it's just because there's not enough competition. It's been five months since then, but I'm sure you can find some people. (There was a Lei-fei player named Mark. At that time, he was as good as high-class Lei-fei players in Japan. And he mentioned a couple of players who were better than him.)

3. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

When I was in Kaohsuing this past may/june, I went to the sega center arcade. It's located on the 6th floor of some shopping plaza. Don't remember the name. There was lots of good players there. I played a variety of players from Shun, Aoi, Jacky, Sarah, and Lau. Not one person I played in the 5 days or so played Akira or Wolf which was interesting to me. But anyways, if you can make a train ride there, they constantly have tournaments according to some of the players that play there. There is also a cyber cafe in the fourth floor where they have some fps games on computer and such.