1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF in the UK

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, May 1, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

This message goes out to all the UK VFers who are new to the game. If you're serious about VF and want to play with the BIG boys then keep checking VF.com, we shall be arranging a gathering in Namco Station soon. I'll do some quick introductions of the UK players First off we got The Prince who uses Kage, Aoi, and Wolf, VF3000 who uses Kage Jacky and Akira mainly, UKguy who uses Kage and Sarah, PKG who uses Lau, Jacky and Kage, Addict42 who uses Akria and Wolf, Stove who uses Aoi and Akira, Random Select who uses Pai and Kage, And last but not least me, The Wall and I use Wolf, Kage, Jacky. So if any of you have any queries just leave a Post.

The Wall

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The Wall, is Ryan with you guys?

ice-9

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I should be studying (yet again) instead of posting, but who cares..

I remember back in the rgva days some (seemingly arrogant) guy from the UK constantly promoting some VF tourneys over there. Derek I think was his name? Anyone remember him, or know what's become of him? It was quite some time ago, a time when two guys from Denmark (Lars and Jan) were well known in the VF community. After their travels to the UK, I also found out about guys like The Prince, PKG Roy, and Ryan. Also, isn't Ryan's aka TS3000? It's nice to see the scene continuing to thrive over there after all this time.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Great idea. This is something i've needed for a long time
    now. Better start practising again so I don't get my arse
    kicked 100% of the time !

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Yep - Derrick was the arrogant one. Actually, his posts we're often quite funny...

Apparently, according to Doug after his return from a UK trip, so were Derrick's player announcements during the tourney ;)

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah Ryan aka VF3000 is around and still is the utterly ruthless player we all know :) He also went to Japapan and got some wins in some hard arcades.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Derrick is still around trust me, play crisis zone and you'll see he's still causing trouble :) anyway the last time I saw him was at an arcade show quite a few months ago, he's still good old derrick. To be honest I have never read any of his messages (it was before I had NET access) so I don't know how he came across arrogant. I don't know him very closely but from what I do know of him, and from what I have seen over the years he's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, and I respect him fully. Also about Ryan’s ringname it’s VF3000. Derrick gave it to him because he plays like a robot never misses a combo and know what you’re going to do before you do so he’s a bit like an Terminator get it, oh well guess you had to be there :)

The Wall

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I had a chance to play two matches with Ryan in Japan...he's very good! Near perfect low kick counter throw...!

ice-9

9. Guest

Guest Guest

OH! So there IS people in the UK who play VF still, so when's this gathering gonna be then (oh please god not before 17th May), cuz I'm in Malta at the moment. Oh yeah! DON'T EVER GO TO MALTA!! I've been here for a month now, covered just about the whole island, and have I found a VF arcade? nooooooo. I would have been happy just to see VF2, but instead I've been forced to play Tekken Tag.