1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf in uk...

Discussion in 'Console' started by ashman27, Feb 25, 2002.

1. ashman27

ashman27 Member

hi i wuz jus wonderin if ne1 knows the date for vf4 release in UK. i heard EB and game say march but then sum mags are sayin april...i dont really wanna get a dodgy import plus im no good at makin stuff like that work so i was jus wonderin if ne1 knew. oh yeh and ign reckon dat there were sum characters from shenmue as secret fighters in vf4...ne1 know if its true?

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

ne1...../versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

You'll find some posts on the PS2 version if you use the Search option. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK claims it will be released in April. The rumour regarding the Shenmue character Ryo Hazuki seems to be incorrect as no one has reported anything along that line.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The rumour regarding the Shenmue character Ryo Hazuki seems to be incorrect as no one has reported anything along that line.

<hr></blockquote>
    which rumors was that??

4. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Played the fin UK one, 60hz and everything which is nice...

only 8 out of 10 in CVG though!

5. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Also me and some friends heard from a reliable Jap source that VF 4.1 is currently well into production. There is the promise of new moves, and (...wait for it...) NEW CHARACTERS!!

It is only an arcade release at the mo, no mention of Xbox or PS2 upgrade.

MOre info when I hear it...

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

You read CVG?! Ha, I don't wish to sound like a snob but for me it's Edge or nothing. Yes, OPS2 magazine said that Sega would release it with 60htz, I can't wait.

I've got a bad feeling that this 4.1 won't make it to PS2. It's possible with the hard drive add on but there isn't an option that points to it in the PS2 conversion. My guess is it will be an Xbox release. If they do release it for PS2 it will most certainly be a Japanese only thing.