1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF.net in the US.....

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Pai_Garu, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I was browsing as usual for game and VF related news. Coincidentally, since HotD4 is being released in US arcades lately, I went to check out what's going on with our friends Sega Arcade of USA. They finally got a redesign of the site, after the merger with Sammy. So now it's not the same sad, banged up site as it was. The most interesting things I found, came in the recent press releases about their new staff.

I read through a few of them since there weren't anything else interesting on the site, and came across these kinds of statements.

"Ben was previously involved in Sammy’s network gaming discussions, and will continue to pioneer for Sega’s future All.Net system."

"Takeshi, who has spent 13 years with Sega, states, "Sega is a strong organization that I have enjoyed working for over the years. There is much in store for the company this year including the development of our networked All-net system. I am happy to be a part of this new era of Sega Amusements USA."

So, take that however as you well. Since the All.net enabled Lindberg games are all coming very very soon, (Power Smash 3 is due in mid Feb) I really wonder if they will be able to at least have an All.net enabled cab in their GameWorks arcades.

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    This is more news along the same lines as what Srider posted above, from Sega's US Arcade site:

http://www.segaarcade.com/pr/directoroftech.asp

"I’m honored to be recognized by the Sega organization. We have some exciting plans in the next year. Sega All.Net will be a great service addition to our exciting product line, and will provide the operator community with new features for the players,†states Ben Kadish, “On the internal side, we have a number of projects that will enable us to offer improved customer service across the board. It’s a very exciting time to be part of the Sega family."

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The future looks bright.

4. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member

It would be great if they actually do it.

5. stealth_fox

stealth_fox Active Member

Yeah it would be awesome. I'm still waiting for someone to say "VF.Net will be comming to NA" though. But I guess that's getting ahead of my self, I'm still hoping for more access/avaibility of VF arcades here first.