1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF net outside Japan?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chrisdaggimoh, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Chrisdaggimoh

Chrisdaggimoh Member

Guys, Im curious - I know the VF.NET system is massively expensive to set up across a country, so therefore unlike our friends in Nippon we don't the pleasure of being called 10th dan's or "all conquering sky king crushinator emperor lords" in the game...

But why oh why didn't sega at least make it an option for people who use a single machine to have a card system, even if it isn't connected up to the rest of the network?

I know it would defeat the purpose of a large number of features of the nationwide system, but surely it customising characters and keeping track of wins and losses would serve to help a little create a little community round a certain arcade in the very least.

Please tell me it's not down to degenerate kids mashing up the slots with gum or something like that; I think that would finally push me over the edge..

Daggi

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

That was actually a pretty good idea.

And Sega's probably just as cynical about US kids - they'd trash the slots, toss the cards everywhere, get into fights over streaks, steal other people's cards, and maybe the enterprising ones would hack the magnetic card to give themselves 5,000 wins. It's a shame. I'm still holding out hope for multiple costume colors and items.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

3. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

YeAh I cAn't WaiT fOr a NeW LaU cOstuMe thAt wOuLd ReAlly maKe mY DaY.
    Yaaaaaaaaaay.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

<font color=red>The bigger I am....The harder they fall.</font color=red>

[​IMG]

4. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that the VF.net card is just a number. No magnetic strip, no information stored on the card. All the information is stored on the VF.net servers. The VF.net card just identifies you to the server with your number. So, the system (the VF4 game itself) has to be hooked up to the net for the VF.net system to work in any capacity. While this would be unreasonable for most NA arcades I do think some places like Playdium (that use a very similar system to track your plays/credits) are capable of it.

It is a shame that we won't see it over here,
    kbcat