1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF.net stats 07.04.2002

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

From what I know those ranks are given to you when you win special eents and they can't be lost or changed, I'm 99% sure of this, maybe GP can confirm
    it.....

2. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

hmm.. interesting..

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Those ranks do not change. Unless he lost his card, he still should be ho-ou. For anyone that gives a shit, here are the special ranks that I know of.

Ho-ou: A mythical chinese bird, like a phoenix. Napoleon is the only one that has this.

Kami-sama: Three people got these, for winning the 3on3 PS2 competition -- the guys that smoked the C.Chaps guys. I ran into one of the players (uses Pai) who's apparantly friends with Chibita. Very good. He's on a small video clip from a recent 5on5 tournament that appeared on last months GameWave DVD. I suppose I could rip if necessary, but it needs subtitles (lots of narration)

Tono-sama: A lord from fuedal times. Three people have this. They spotted the person at the VF4 carnival in Shibuya that had a special ranking. Entered their names in a contest, and were drawn. I met one of these people -- a pretty cute girl that looked like she had no business in an arcade, let alone with a high ranking card (Jacky or Sarah -- can't remember). She had 1600 wins & like 800 losses, so I suppose she's pretty good.

I'm 99% sure these ranks will not carry over into Evolution.

4. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

it's bizarre that guys like chibita and kyasao haven't got special ranks, when they are acknowledged to be the best players in the country.

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, they lost that tournament that would've gotten them "Kami-sama". Considering Chibita's always been in the running to be the first to get Emporer, he probably would've put it on another character.