1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Players: Philippines

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by akirasmash8, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Juneau

Juneau Member

nice games

i even have bad habits of my own

try playing on japan PSN there some of the best players i've played (El Blaze was one of them) as well trolls if lag or even the slightest lag he will ring out himself but still fun

2. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

I'm at Muntinlupa. On a good day, the Zpdee at home gives 4mbps, so if ever, I'll be happy to host room.

Been playing a lot in "same area" and I've been running into Koreans and Australians. Good matches. There are some d+1 spammers, but what can you do. I don't know why they bother with it, since the game doesn't care if you lose anyway (you still get points).

3. Juneau

Juneau Member

Hi what is your PSN account singapore? taiwan?

d+1 is essential to beginners (like me)

just use sidestep or sabaki them to piss them off

4. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

anyone on xbox here?

5. Blee

Blee Member

Hi guys! I'll be moving to Philippines in a month or so, and I was wondering if there's a VF scene there. It'd be awesome to play some Philippine VFers.

6. Juneau

Juneau Member

i think ever since they took away the VF3 cabinet from Megamall (in which i was still at starting High School or younger)
    the scene has disappeared or at least shifted to Tekken
    even though there is still a VF4 Final Tuned cabinet hidden in Rockwell

the fighting game scene are as follows by popularity ranking
    1.Tekken
    2.Street Fighter
    2.UMvC3
    3.BlazBlue
    3.KOF
    4.Soul Cailbur
    4.Mortal Kombat

im promoting VF to other fighting game players in such sites such as Pinoy2dfighters, pinoyps

i only hope we can be at least a number 20 players doing casuals or tourneys, just how we did it on the MK9 community here

7. Blee

Blee Member

Thanks! I'll check those sites out. Your popularity ranking isn't surprising; every casual Filipino player I know plays or played Tekken. But here's hoping we can develop a scene over there.

Where and when are your usual gatherings?

8. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

No, US, which is weird. Now it doesn't matter if I'm playing "same area" or worldwide - I'm getting a mix of the US guys + Asian guys. If I run into somebody from Australia, Phil, etc. I get bars, but the bars aren't accurate (had a laggy 2-bar match, and a zero-lag 1-bar).

Re: Tekken - yeah, I'm actually a Tekken player (Gou-Kazuya on TZ), but I'm already considering dropping Tekken because I've got comp on FS already.

Re: VF3 Cabinet in Megamall - Damn, I remember that. The scene DID disappear after that last piece of VF was removed. There used to be a decent one when VF2 was around (Glicos era).

9. Juneau

Juneau Member

on tournaments usually and tournaments happen here on a 2-4 month basis

casual gatherings are by specific fighting game scene and usually dated on weekends

also thank you for joining Pinoy2dfighters even though it's for 2d fighters, it also represents fighting game enthusiasts 2d or 3d alike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikcUpqay6cc
    this has a filipino representing philippines compete on VF3 tournament organized by japan

whatever happened to this guy

man if I can just reach this game out more to filipinos.
    I have already shared this game to a fellow gamer just to show how good this game is for a $15 game

10. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Pa add: Reki_Kuramori

I'm also from muntinlupa. If you guys are planning to host small gatherings I'll also try my best to support it.

11. dashgrab

dashgrab Member

Unfortunately, nasa U.S. ako pero if interested, add me up sa PSN, bpgarcia. Pakilagay nalang "VF5" sa subject line mga ma'am at sir.

12. martianpulis

martianpulis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    martianpulis
    ano bang oras at araw magandang magset ng room para sa atin? how about this weekend pacific standard time :)

13. Juneau

Juneau Member

anyone wanna play VF5US?
    yay, i guess im the only filipino in this world who plays this game

beanboy likes this.