1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF players

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by adamYUKI, Oct 3, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hey all,

Wuith the recent comments made all over the board I'd like to ask Hatim and Ryan from the UK to come to the US, for a US and European gathering in Vf3tb. We've heard alot of great things, why don't you come and test your mettle (as llanfair would say).

We would love to host this at Adam's hotel since its not too busy.

Spotlite/Howard (is Howard a friend of yours Spotlite?) and anyone in the West Coast, would you be interested in playing some VF3tb with us?

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Not like it means anything, but I would love to attend this gathering and plan to do so, unless something drastic crops up like job interviews and/or exams.

3. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Where, exactly, and when?

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

If the time is right, I'd defintely put some heavy consideration into it.

5. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

I'll definately make it there this time, so shota isn't the only life of the party. Plus get some ddr / tennis in there as well.
    So lets' see how it goes.

later,

__-___---____

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    That would be cool, but to be honest, I'd much rather wait 'til most of us have been playing 4 for a couple months (thanksgiving?), then center the gathering around that. Playing VF4 during the day, then tb when arcades are closed etc.

I dunno... I just can't get my mind around VF3 in a serious way anymore, so if I were going to travel, it'd have to be to play 4, then getting a little 3 in as well.

Spotlite

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, you guys over there know I'll make the best effort I can to get over there if/when something is set. Heck, I was waiting ALL summer for the event to happen, but I know... it's hard to plan such trips... Or at least organize a trip involving quite a few guys from the UK/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

But that's life. I just wish us Americans didn't always feel so busy, rushed, and on a schedule all the time... but in the least, I do.

UK in NY was an event I was looking forward to since the idea was even considered. It's still something I'm looking forward to, but now that Summer has passed... It will be SOOO HARD for me to guarantee my attendance...

-Chanchai

8. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Thanks Andy for postin (register GOD DANGIT!!!!) /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

I for one would love to congregate with my VF-niggaz once again! Again, hotel rooms would not be a problem, since it is off-peak season. I like Spotlite's suggestion about playing vf4 during the day and then playing vf3tb at night. That is, IF N.Y gets a vf4 arcade machine - and things are not looking good for the immediate future. Perhaps this is good, as this gives people across the U.S and U.K more time to plan for this trip. When it does finally arrive in N.Y (should definitely be out before Thanksgiving), we can whore both vf4 and vf3tb.

Im glad that some peeps are down with this, now lets hear from some others....

[​IMG]

9. Chanchai

Spotlite, Adam.... Damn you guys have me happy at the moment. I'd hate to see VF3tb skills go to waste, but of course the new medium of competition (and bonding) is VF4.

BTW, I was just watching some of the NYG2 matches again (Day 3-Saturday morning-Station B). If I'm not mistaken, I've been watching Rich (I'm certain of this), Adam (hard to tell with all the Akira players, so I have to judge consistency in certain things as well as yomi), Andy, Hiro, Nelson, and Shota. I'm sure someone else is in there (in what I've seen today)...

Anyways, man... NICE MATCHES! Wish I could capture them :( It's just too cool watching the start of the round and everything looking like a ballet of sorts with yomi in full gear (or close to it)...

-Chanchai

10. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hey Fuk-stino!

Hehe....i had to say that! I would definitely like to play with you again - it has been a loooong time since we last played. I am glad that you are interested, but PLEASE try to convince muscularHAROLD, Andy, and Shota-kun to come as well! If vf3tb itself isnt much of a motivation for you to attend, freak-stino, then all i gots to say to you is...NY_gots_mad_strip joints_yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

11. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Nick, on the NYG2 tapes, who is the Akira doing URA to people feet towards, face up (not after d/f+P+G, usually Akira's stage) OVER and OVER then nailing huge bodychecks? Is that Emil? that shit is insane, I watched it in slow mo so many times... probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen in VF. pure practive, thinking and dedication.

Spotlite

12. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    HEhehehe...that would definitely be Emil then. That fukker is insane with that type of URA. It took me a while to learn that from him. After you get comfortable with observing the opponent's movement on the floor (rolling to either side) and then reacting accordingly, it is an extremely powerful tool with many characters.

[​IMG]

13. Chanchai

And check out the damage on that thing when it hits as MC. I swear it does more than half. But yes, that's definitely Emil. Unless he fails ten times in a row.... HE ALWAYS GOES FOR IT.

I remember my first night into New York for NYG2... Adam picks me up, takes me to the ladies' house, then takes me back to Andy's pad and there's Andy and Emil playing. Whenever Emil played Akira, I saw this all the time and with success no less. Scary as hell and worth the risk (unless your opponent will just never fall for it).

That week was good memories for me... I joke a bit about Killer Instinct voices in VF, then all of a sudden I realize I opened up Pandora's Box. First Adam going, "B-B-B-B-BODY CHECCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!" Then the next day, Emil screams it ever since after those incidences. Then you hear Rodney saying it days later...

That and probably Adam's cagne "Hello luv...." have been stuck in my head ever since those days, almost 13 months passed....

-Chanchai

14. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

"who is the Akira doing URA to people feet towards, face up"

It is me. :)

That technique can work on any type of downed opponent.
    It can even work after d/f+pg... d/f+p
    :)

15. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

emil....back from the dead.

yo whats up man! long time no s... ah fuck it, who am i kidding, we talk all the time on icq /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

ps. why the fuck this gay smily ---> /versus/images/icons/smile.gif looks so..gay. damm it.

heh :)

[​IMG]

16. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

omg
    im a journeyman

is that better than enthusiast?

:)

17. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Emil,,
    man, long time no see. How is your crazy cat doing, look forward to seeing you some day,,

Adam,

yes, its hard to get Andy/Harold to go somewhere with their funds, but i'll drive there next time and they should be able to afford that. Only thing is , ed and them have bad memories of when we spent the night in bed in MN.
    Coo,, tho, i gots to see your DDr or Samba skills.
    And yes, the 2 times i've been NY , i never got a chance to check out the strip joints, i even did that in toronto.
    You guys are a blast,

hope to see you guys soon,
    (Don't know who i want to use in 4, yet)

__-___---____

18. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

why would anyone from the UK want to travel 2000+ miles at great expense to play dreamcast vf3tb on crap sticks in a small stuffy hotel room when they have a thriving vf4 scene over there?

really now. think this through.

personally i'd rather spray mace in my eyes than have another dc vf3tb nyg/vg thing. maybe when vf4 hits the ps2, but vf3tb? give me a fucking break.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

19. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

hmmm I never thought of it like that!

<font color=red>The bigger I am....The harder they fall.</font color=red>

[​IMG]

20. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Well, i've been receiving emails from Ryan over the past couple of months about definitely coming to play VF3tb - yes vf3tb. Vf4 never even came up in our correspondence. It is a competitive thing. We have heard great things about both him and Hatim, and would love to play them. And i'm sure our counterparts in London would like to test their vf3tb skillz against some of NA's best as well.

This just in....Piccolo tells me that Chinatown arcade in NYC will be getting VF4 ver b in 2 weeks! This is what the arcade operator told Piccolo, so i hope he is not just talking shit. If it does arrive in 2 weeks, then we can play both vf4 AND vf3tb to our hearts content! This should appease the Brits........

Also, it is not expensive now to get round trip ticket from London to NY. Andy just checked and it is about $240.

[flame]Dude, I know how much you hate coming to NY to play "dreamcast vf3tb on crap sticks"...so next time when you see a thread by NY crew pitching a gathering, _dont_click_on_it! Or better yet, don't even attend! (God knows why you showed up this past May, when you made it quite clear the year before that you had a terrible time). Nobody forces you to attend. Most everyone else that attends has a blast.[/flame]

[​IMG]