1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF players

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by adamYUKI, Oct 3, 2001.

1. [PKG]

[PKG] Active Member

Re: Give it a rest.

Hey... im not feeling the love here :)

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Think about it what you said...

The few decent magazines out there that cover these events never say stuff like "if the Koreans ever came to Japan they'd have their asses handed to them" and the people these magazines interview don't say "Brazilians know shit about Jujitsu."

I actually heard that many Japanese players were a little bit bitter about the outcome of Maximum Battle...everyone agreed Akira Kid was strong, but as for the runner up player (Ige-Lau?), many top Japanese players at the time felt they could've beaten him consistently. In other words, he wasn't that good...or at least, not really good enough for his final ranking.

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Tough shit for them, especially since so few Japanese players bothered to play in the "international" tournament, which really seemed to be nothing more than a sideshow.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

They lost to Lau because they didn't take him seriously. Tough. Koreans won 1st and 2nd, Japanese didn't, let this be a lesson to that Jacky player to fucked around during semi final. Either way Akira Kid ass raped them all. Japanese were just sore losers then, we all would if someone came to your house and trashed you in your own game. And let's not get in to the Korean Vs Japanes Vs rest of asian culture thing,

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Actually, and I may be wrong on this, the three Japanese players who entered Maximum Battle are the winners from a nationwide Japanese tournament. The Pai player is the women's champ while thatJacky guy (forgot his name) was the men's champ, with Kyasao being the runner-ups. There were tons of players that participated in the Japanese tournament.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Give it a rest.

If I could fall in love with a man, it would be you PKG.
    Until then, you'll have to settle for Gammy.com =p

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

huh.

well, that was kinda out of left field.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the "World Tournament" of Max Battle, you boob. The only tournament of Max Battle that Akira Kid played in (and won). Here are the results; the best of Japan's Over-20 and the best of the Japan cup LOST to Korean and Taiwanese players. What the fuck gives them the right to bitch, aside from busted pride?

<pre>Over 20 Division:

1st Kyasao Takashi Satani Kage
    2nd Innaha-Jacky Hiromitsu Miyagi Jacky
    3rd Sapporo-Sandaime-Sarah Tatsuo Kawasaki Sarah

In the first round, Kyasao faced Susukino-Jacky, one of the favorite picks for
    the championship. Kyasao managed to beat Susukino-Jacky by a very small
    margin. In fact these two fought in the final match of the VF2 Eternal
    Battle(1st VF2 national tournament with Kyasao as a champion).

Japan Cup:

1st Yanaga-Sarah Taku(?) Yanaga Jacky
    2nd Chan-Ane Tomoko Hurutaka Pai
    3rd Kyasao Takashi Satani Kage

World Tournament:

1st Akira Kid Korea Akira
    2nd Ige-Lau Korea Lau
    3rd ? Taiwan Lau

Yanaga-Sarah from Japan came in 4th. Kyasao lost to Yanaga-Sarah in the 1st
    round. Chan-Ane lost in the 2nd round of the tournament.
    </pre>

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

The " A nationalwide japanese tourament" was Maximum Battle for Japanese only. All the Non-Japanese players only competed in the International division of Maximum Battle. They had over 21, under 21, women, etc all for Japanese.
    As I recall, Ige Lau wins over Japanese Pai female, he did D/F+p,d/f+pk,bbpppk on her. ThatJackeyplayer wins over Kage Kaysao. Akira Kid wins over some Taiwan Lau. ThatJackyplayer then faced Ige Lau, where he messed around doing bbp and lost. The Jacky guy looked like no more than 15 and quite cocky. Kage made the comment later on if he had faced Lau, Japanese would have got at least 2nd. Pretty much the same shit going on here.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Well, I was commenting that the Japanese players are not immune to bitching, that was the original point.

My second point was in response to this: "Tough shit for them, especially since so few Japanese players bothered to play in the "international" tournament, which really seemed to be nothing more than a sideshow." I.e. there were few players because the Japanese players that were able to play were the winners of the Japanese Max Battle tournament. I can't say for sure for other countries, but at least in Singapore, the Singaporean representative went through a similar process. The Singapore Aoi was the champ of the regional Max Battle tournament here in Singapore.

Also, I'm not really sure it was treated as a sideshow, or a small event. Akira Kid's amazing reflexes and K-stepping (at the time) created a lot of attention.