1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Preference poll

Discussion in 'General' started by Mirkan, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Hey VF'ers of VFDC!

This ended up in the general forum despite being totally VF-related, I just thought it would be for the best. (I've been corrected a number of times, cheers to those who did =D)

Well, this is a kinda simple question, which VF did/do you enjoy the most? Simply put, which VF do YOU think is the best?

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1014420666Mirkan">

Mirkan's VF preference poll
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1">Virtua Fighter
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2">Virtua Fighter 2
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3">Virtua Fighter 3 ob/tb
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="4">Virtua Fighter 4

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

I didn't include VF Kids and VF Remix, simply because I consider them more like spinoffs than the real VF thing, so to speak.

Poll away!

2. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Gah I forgot to mention something, and now I can't edit it because there's a poll in it.. I'll just say it here instead.

Feel free to motivate and reply in general to this post, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say about why you think what you think.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

defently VF4 soo far!/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

SPoD is a throw in VF2!

nuff said.... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

sTuN pAlM 0f d00M!/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

While I think VF2 is incredible, I would have to choose VF4. Don't get me wrong, I wish the SPoD was still a throw also, but I can deal with that.
    I think VF4 has to many other options too offer to be placed behind VF2.

7. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

I'd have to say VF2 is my fav, but I'm probably biased because I spent soOooO much time playing Vf2 playing some great players and people in my old area. I just don't have the time or dedication or the "gaming atmosphere" to lend creedance to vf4.

8. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

virtua fighter 3 is the closest to perfection for the hard core player till vf5 betters it!

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That's your opinion. Personally I prefer Virtua Fighter 4. As the latest version it has therefore been given the most thought and has three great titles before it to draw knowledge from.

The shift back to the VF2 style stages gives back more emphasis on player rather than stage, and it is that which I favour as well as the improved floats and visual flare of the game's camera. It's <font color=white>hip</font color=white>, <font color=white>cutting edge</font color=white> and even more <font color=white>instinctive</font color=white> with the return to the simple G.P,K formula and the new dodge system.

Almost every character has been given a new angle and to go back and play their older selves would be nothing short of a crime to me. If only for nostalgia.

It's a step in a great direction and I hope there is more of the same come Virtua Fighter 5.

10. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

That's right, I'd take 2 over 3....

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Within its own system and logic, VF3tb arcade was close to perfection.

But with VF4c, there are already things which I would like to change...

Still, "preference" is never fully tied to fundamentals....some may regard VF2 as their favorite, but I think if you could choose only one game to have exist and everyone play, few would actually pick VF2.

12. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

VF2, simply because there are a few bug in the game, that made it more interesting than the rest.

13. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Heh, I'd choose VF2.0 if it was the only one that existed of the 4.
    Even though I'd be yelling "cheap!" at all the option select craziness in the game.
    I'm sort of with Uncauzi on this one... so many great times/memories with VF2...
    VF4 may replace it some day, but I haven't really spent enough quality time with VF4 yet.
    Hey, when is Mr. Bungle going to put his vote in for VF1? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

14. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

well, vf1 is fun, but nothing compares to vf2 - the times spent, and the game itself. absolute tops. even though i play vf3 better. i think tb is a fantastic game in so many ways but i got so fucking sick of it after five years.

those that played vf2 (unlike jeff, who is wrong, as usual) know that even with its (minor) faults vf2 is just a game you keep coming to play over and over, because it's so much fun. and at least the option select in vf2 is on the offensive side - if you gamble wrong, you're still gonna pay for it. not so in vf4.

15. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

VF2 is at its best. It has thunderous sound effects esp in Akira's SPoD and DBC. Moves are very damaging and its close to real life <imagine some one does a Giant swing on you.> Though characters r not well balanced in terms of strength, at the end of the day it still matters on the player.
    Bugs are always around. Many can complaint VF2's PKG,PKG..., VF3 PKG(all)>VF4 aoi's bug. But b4 u complaint ask yourself this question: are you competent to execute the bug?

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Well, I realize it's fashionable to say VF2 is the best of the series (and I did play VF2)...but I have a hard time believing that if only one could be chosen, one would choose VF2 and put up with the now-dated graphics, no systematic 3D movement, match-up imbalances, etc. Memories are good, but they are what you and others make of it, and shouldn't have as much to do with the game.

17. Mr. Bungle

oh will you fuck OFF, you arrogant little shit. we are not nostalgic old farts reminiscing, and we are not saying it to be fashionable, you fucking snot nosed brat. the reason you have a hard time believing what we say about the game is because you _never played it_. you're just like those cocksucking morons who boycott and criticize works of art w/o having even seen it - and worse, you're insulting those who enjoyed the game for what it is. so please, spare us - take your loudmouthed ignorance of the game and your elitism and shove it up your ass, violently and repeatedly.

18. Mr. Bungle

> Though characters r not well balanced in terms of strength, at the end of the day it still matters on the player.

nah...i think most who played both would argue that vf2 is only a minor step down from vf3tb in terms of balance. vf2 is very well balanced, with enough variance to make it challenging and fun (either way) with different characters.

the bugs in vf2 are almost a non-factor. vf2 option select is not a bug. senbon nokku is nigh impossible to do (and as i've said before, and as you suggest, if you can ko/ro a person with senbon nokku you deserve the win), and the quicker PKG's made the combo system in vf2 the best of the series.

19. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Anyways, believe it.... I'm still playing VF2 (Singapore) whenever i pass by that 'Genie funworld'. It brings back pleasant memories i shared wif old friends/pals/challengers. Its all these factors that made me smile while replaying VF2.

Not to forget, its pretty nice to SPoD and knee (Akira VF2). Reversals r still doable except for initial hiccups... you know, doing b+P+K for VF2 akira? Its jus nice to see VF2 again.... hope that the arcade doesnt sell away that machine.../versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry Rich, I'm in far too good of a mood to have someone like you rattle me. And yup, I've played VF2. Plenty. Maybe you shouldn't presume too much and concentrate on improving your skills against Shang eh?