1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Room Tournaments Live

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by EvenPit, Dec 15, 2012.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I just wanted to share this with everyone. Thanks to DgtlSamurai & Z3RO QUALITY for recording this, and to UnknowingNote & Bloodstyle for hosting these rooms on a regular basis. These rooms are always a lot of fun so please keep it up.

"this is a double elimination tournament over xbox live. rules follow standard USA fighting game match set ups: i.e. best of 3 matches for standard bouts. Grand Final is best of 5 with the winner of the losers bracket needing to reset the match score (has to win 6 matches instead of just 3 like the leader of the winners bracket)." ZQ.

Jay David, Keoma and Tha_FeauchA like this.
  2. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Nice! I'm in the process of uploading more, but some of the videos got cut off at 4:43.

3. EvenPit

Thats ok man im grateful theres someone there to record this stuff i love re-watching performances.

4. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Yeah, but I wish I knew why it was happening.:(

5. EvenPit

Well it's kinda like the vf circuit it's just for fun, but on a smaller scale.

6. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Sounds mad fun. Good stuff yall.

7. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I take part in these things every Thursday and they well worth it for any new person that wants to get to know people on XBL aside from the random ranked matches that are hard to get nowadays. I should also mention this you never know who might show up for this event I have seen a number of people that were some of the better users of their characters play as well because they just had the time that night.

People do play real matches on XBL and this is a great way to start to meet people there and they know many other players on XBL too so you can ask them about other good players they know about on XBL that might help you with your development as VF player too. They also have normal room battles too where they just play the typical room battles you would expect too.

Craigbot and Bloodstyle like this.
  8. EvenPit

Yes its very fun. Talk a lil shit on the mic and just have fun, the fuller the room the better!

9. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I think I found a way to keep the videos I upload from being cut short.

If anyone wants to see more footage of these tournaments go to my Youtube channel, DigitlSamurai. They're really far behind right now, but I plan to upload at least three matches a day starting today, so they should be caught up within the next two weeks or so.

However, some of the earlier ones are poorly done because I was still figuring out my editing software.

10. EvenPit

Hey what is the necessary software or hardware that I would need to record matches in at least 720p? I know I need a capture card, but im guessing I need a windows based PC as well right? I hope not, if so I might have to run winebottler on mac to use windows applications & that can be a pain. And are there any special cables that I would need?

11. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I use a Dazzle capture card and Pinnacle Studio HD, which is the software that came with the capture card. However, even though Pinnacle Studio says it can record footage in up to 1080p, Dazzle can't output any higher than 480p because it only has composite ports. I'm not sure what capture card you would need for 720p or higher. You should ask Z3RO QUALITY.

If you go with the Dazzle you need these cables to connect it to a 360. I should mention that the cables the video calls AVI cables are actually called composite cables, or RCA cables:

You probably need something similar for all capture cards, but I don't know. There is a mac version of Pinnacle Studio, but I don't know if it's available as a bundle with Dazzle.

12. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

To capture a video i use an HD PVR which can catch video up to 1080p but since i run my xbox at 720 that's the resolution i get. Unfortunately every guys in my town use monitors so i can't connect the hd pvr to their console and their monitor (i use an hd tv) to record the sessions.

This problem won't show up if you use the hd pvr 2 (who instead of the hd component uses the hdmi cable).

The pro is that u have an easy setup: console + hd pvr + computer.
    The con is u HAVE to keep a computer near your setup.
    Also talkgin with zeroex he told me hd pvr 2 isn't really good if you plan to stream your playing sessions (but i don't really know why, i hope someone knows what are the best setup for that).

13. Bloodstyle

Bloodstyle Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bloodstyle
    Didn't realize this was up til I started browsing the boards lol. Since this is open and I'm tired of trying to send out messages to everyone on Live I'll just do it here. Been slacking on getting them going this month ( holiday season and me being sick/hurt ) I do plan on hosting another one on Sat, Dec 29. Start time of 9pm eastern. So if anyone is interested, hit me up. ;)

Craigbot likes this.
  14. EvenPit

I know how you feel im literally throwing up sic & still playing vf shame. Anyways you can count me in for Saturday.

15. Bloodstyle

XBL:
    Bloodstyle
    Yeah, you just let me know when there's room in that room match =) lol.

Got ya marked, btw ment to add in that these things are a first come first serve biases for anyone who is interested.

16. EvenPit

Alright get ready 1 spot left if u want it

17. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Where can I find this and what cables would I need to connect everything? Also does it require its own software, or would it work with Pinnacle Studio HD?

As a test, I uploaded a video captured with Dazzle and rendered in 1080p in Pinnacle Studio HD. I don't notice any difference, but do you guys?

If so I'll upload them this way from now on. If not I won't.

EvenPit likes this.
  18. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I'm in for Saturday's tournament if there's still room.

19. EvenPit

Yes I did notice a difference, that said youtube does not support true 1080p 1920x1080 pixels playback, but only 720p is real 720p for youtube, and the game's maximum output is only 720p as well, so there's not a difference between 720 & 1080 on youtube just a heads up if you wanted to save disk space.
    Oh and as for the format that I like for the recordings, Having the whole tournament in one video is ok like the way Zero Quality did the previous one.

20. Bloodstyle

XBL:
    Bloodstyle
    As far as the format, I actually liked how DIgi did it. He broke it up to be the whole set between people so you could see So'n So Fight So'n So Whole Fight vs an hour an a half long video of everything. :) Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for Zero, but personally prefer Digi's format.