1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF/Tekken Timeline

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Mar 20, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I finally found a timeline.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.namco.co.jp/home/nours/vol36/jpeg/36_3-7.html>http://www.namco.co.jp/home/nours/vol36/jpeg/36_3-7.html</a>

VF1 - 1993.12
    VF2 - 1994.11
    Tekken - 1994.12

Tekken 2 - 1995.8
    VF3 - 1996.9
    Tekken 3 - 1997.3
    VF4 and Tekken 4 - 2001.8

I told you so!

I bet someone wants to give a quick and dirty translation of what the article is about...right?

2. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

well, actually most of the article are just staffs from both team chatting with the magazine editor. The only paragraph that touches on such "project" ...

{really rough translation}
    magazine editor: a lot of fan are hoping a project that will mix [virtua] and [tekken]...

VF staff: Realistically, isn't it almost impossible? if someone can make such a game i would love to see it. If it really happens, i would rather love it be a 2D fighter (laugh).

TK staff: If that is the case, probably both side will have some sort of fireball moves; Heihachi almost is doing it now anyway, even Akira can have some shockwave coming out of his Bodycheck right?

VF staff: I would really want to see it. However, I think "Virtuafighter" (characters) will probably going to lose (laugh).

[END]

3. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a post back in 1999. It went something like:

1) VF -> Tekken
    2) VF3 sidestep -> Tekken 3 sidestep
    3) VF3tb guardstun -> Tekken Tag Tournament guardstun

And some other things...

Nice article.

4. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

If they really put Tekken and VF together, just imagine how much more you will have to learn! You will have to re-study every character in VF and Tekken again! Moves, frame stats, what moves are throw couterable, what throws to escape.........

It would be interesting, as long as they don't make it anytime soon (like before we got bored at VF4:) ).

VF and FV megamix can be another interesting idea as well. (Who has FV on their DC?)

5. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

yeah, but see, if they did make a vs. series using both tekken and vf, i'd see it as something similar to what happened when capcom combined with snk, in other words;

either the gameplay would be too much related to tekken and all us vfers would say that it raped the vf characters,
    or the gameplay would be too much related to vf and the tekkeners would say that it raped the tekken characters,

much like what happened during the 1st CvS game.

would like to see a VF "vs" game though; not like VF3tb, but something more like TTT where you have a tag button or something. but that's just me.

6. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd like to see Tekken vs. VF, with the Tekken system. Imagine... blocked knees now push you out of jab range, Sarah can land 6-hit floats easily, Lau has a glowing superknife, etc. I'd rather see supercharged VF guys than slow-recovery Tekken guys, myself.

7. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

know what MIGHT be decent if this occured? if you could choose the game system at the beginning, sorta like in CvS where you either choose capcom groove or snk groove. but i really don't see this happening anytime soon; all the tekken players would choose tekken style, etc.

just thinking about what that tekken staff guy said; shockwaves coming outta akira's BC, heheh. what would they call it now? EBC for electric bodycheck?(much like tekkkeners call jin's electric wind god fist EWGF?) so now do we have to hit P+K at the same frame we hit that 2nd forward tap and hold it? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

8. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Haha EBC would be too sweet. I think they had a VF vs Tekken for Gen as a hacked or something its pretty bad but pretty fun to mess with a little, you should really check it out atleast once. I agree on the point that supercharged VF chars would be way better than slow recovery tekken chars.