1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF to Tekken Guide ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Torneko, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

I've seen how some Tekken player made some guide, about going from Tekken to VF.

I am just wondering if there VF expert here who plays Tekken as well. I always had no luck with Tekken, the control, combo, everything just don't click with me. Especially the way you guard, why can't Tekken have Guard button ?

I mean I enjoyed DOA, SC even Bloody Roar much better than Tekken.

I've been trying to play T4, but it still remain me that this game is Tekken, though I promise my self that one day I am going to at least be decent at this game. But it seems not to be.

Any suggestion ? I've been messing around with Hwoarang steps, he seems the only character that I am getting anywhere.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

For maximum results with minimum practice, play Paul! He's functionally the Jacky of Tekken, except he's probably even more effective in T4 than Jacky is in VF4.

3. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

Paul ? He is Akira try-hard, its embarrrresssing playing him /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Paul is what Japanese think of Gaijin that do Martial Arts. Tall, big, cocky and inflexible. Its funny seeing him trying to pull some of Hakkyokuken move, his Akira's DJK always make me laugh.

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Well im an ex-tekken expert, like ice-9 said try out paul to pratice out with, law and hwoarang is also easy to play eventhough you can use em both on a very high level later on.

5. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    I agree that Paul is easy to play but he is actually one of the best charas in the game so I wouldn't comapre him to Jacky. I'd say Jin would be a fairer comparson. Both of them are used by scrubs but the difference is Jacky can be used pro while Jin, well , as someone from the Tekken community put it, Jin broke T4.

6. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

LOL! sorry but your waaaaay off man, Paul is defently one of the worst characters in the game period! and Jin was no doubt the strongest character in T3 and TTT and along with Kazuya in T4 still one of the strongest.
    so plz get your facts straighten out before you make such a statement again./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

What I've been hearing lately is that Jin is indeed broken as in, he's obscenely powerful in Tekken 4 (broken is derived from "game breaking").

As far as Hwoarang goes, I've heard from so many sources that he's just not that powerful in the game.

Anyways, this is all just stuff I hear and read. I wouldn't doubt about the word on Jin though.

-Chanchai

8. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What I've been hearing lately is that Jin is indeed broken as in, he's obscenely powerful in Tekken 4 (broken is derived from "game breaking").

<hr></blockquote>

err, yeah I said the same thing dident I??

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

<boggle>
    Are you so insecure that you can't believe it when someone supports your opinion?

10. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

nah, it just sounded strange, thats all;)

11. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    Paul is one of the best. I'd know. I live in Georgia and I've known the likes of JOP (the best U.S. TTT player) and other greats before they were big names.You really should see some of the Paul's here in ATL.They will show you. Now while I completely agree that Kazuya is great, Jin... If you play Jin you might as well just stand up on the T4 machine and yell at the top of yer lungs "I AM A SCRUB"

12. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

now your just starting to piss me off bud, I know fucking jop he never played paul in TTT, he is a Ogre player, dont know know where the fuck you get the paul thing from???"?"??
    anyways in TTT Jin and Devil was no doubt the strongest and cheapest team, all koreans and jap experts used that team which brought the most booooring matches ever(jin:EWGF,1,1,2 WS+2 Devil:d/f+1,2, 1,1,2). I have been to some mayor tournaments by now and seen just about every tourny videos recorded and put online, and I have never seen nobody use Paul ever, Paul is used mostly by newcomers learning Tekken and scrubs who does his DP and FL,1,2 jabs and reversal all the time to get easy wins over players at there own level, nothing more.

13. TONY_T

TONY_T Active Member

If your playing TTT use devil, he is definatly the easiest to use, pluss he got one of the most abusable moves in the game DF+1,2 or twinpistons.. devil has the least moves in the game and is so easy to be cheap with...

14. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

This is hilarious. People saying Paul is not one of the best, if not THE best? Your top 3 characters are Paul, Jin, and Steve. Everyone else is left choking in their dust in T4. And that's it.

I know for a fact that JOP used Paul in T4... read the strat threads and the ATL threads on TZ. He uses him because he's a winning character, just like the Ogres are in TTT. Paul has the tools to defeat any other character under any situation, no one else has this ability, not even Jin.

Jin's did INDEED break T4... between his unbelievable parry and his (all too easy) JF laser scraper, and his 2,1 or 2,4 strings... just too good.

Kuma broke T4 with his 80% 2 hit "JF" combo that's not really JF, it's easy as hell.

Steve didn't really break T4 (nor did Paul), but he's still a masher character like Eddy or Hwoarang, and can near impossible and infuriating to defeat when played well.

Anyways be thankful VF4 doesn't have these extreme tier levels. T4 is just broke.

15. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

well, he was talking about TTT, and not T4.

16. Legend

Legend Active Member

LOL!! damn that move.. very easy to do and yet its a great launcher. Devil is definatly an easy character to use with some safe yet abusable moves.

17. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    Chucky, in T4 JOP played PAUL!!!! In TTT he played ogres in tourneys but when playing for fun he played other charas including...PAUL. So don't go sayin I don't know what i'm talkin about and where JOP fits in with Paul.

18. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

who gives a shit what that fat flop Job playes anyways?? the only thing he had going was his Ogre's which wasent even that good compared to other korean and jap players.

19. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    Wait, last I checked yer not from JP or Korea either so don't go roastin on someone elses skills until you get some yourself. And on another note, no , Koreans are not good. They are cheap. JP on the other hand, they rock. And how old are you exactly? Calling someone fat? What does that have to do with their skills?

20. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Your just a scrub or plain ignorant if your saying koreans have no skills in Tekken, and to answer your question im 22, and I have no skills in Tekken?? im the danish champion in Tekken 2,Tekken 3 TTT and Tekken 4, and placed 5th in the Tekken 3 world tournament back in 1999.
    Anyways I dont play Tekken anymore, I stopped after I got my T4 board and just dropped it from there and focusing 100%on VF4 now.