1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF vs. DOA

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Oct 5, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

At the recent Babbages Manager conference, the Sega rep mentioned that (direct quote): "...Virtua Fighter versus Dead or Alive is being talked about."

Whatare your thoughts on this? I was thinking immediately: "What system would they use?"

-sa.

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

could be interesting...
    you got any more of what the rep said? is DoA3 being developed, cos then the sensible thing would be to pit vfx (4) against that (more likely than vfx vs doa2 anyway!).
    by the way, when will sega release vfx details!!?!!?!?!?!? i want screenshots! ahem, er, sorry about that.
    uk kid

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I was thinking about this the other day (actually, I was playing the Jap. DC version and wishing I could play vf on the 2 new stages).

I'd really like to see VF vs. tekken actually, as I think that would really bring tons of people to vf. on the one hand DOA's system seems more compatable, but then it doesn't. I think the core play style of doa (paper. scissors, rock) is just so much simpler than vf, it seems that they'd have to make too many changes. would all vf characters now be able to reverse EVERY attack and have low throws; would some of the DOA charcters no longer have reversals, and be able to use escape ala vf?

I'd love to play it, but it'd take some pretty serious adjusting. BTW, I know this isn't the place but anyone also playing the Jap. DC DOA2? I recommend it if you're a fan.

Spotlight

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

How does a sega rep come across classified information such as this?, Do you really think he would let this slip before any japanese gaming sites are onto the scent?.Oh yeah I apologize in advance if this turns out to be true hehe. :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Better start pouring out the apologies mang.
    Besides, It was only mentioned, which is why i gave you a direct quote. I dont want anyone doubting what i SAID as opposed to what you think I implied.
    But yes, the rep did say this...btw, PS2 is a piece of garbage.

-sa

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Tekken vs VF would never work out just like capcom vs SNK. (Actually SNK vs Capcom would work out if only SNK did the Naomi version but that's beside the point). Vf and TK are so bloody different. Even with VF and DOA one has to ask whether there will a block button. I believe that DOA really needs a block button but will the DOA characters become VF characters? That's what happened with CvSNK. Kyo became Fei Long because Capcom took away the qualities that made Kyo Kyo. DOA's trademark is that it is very easy to parry. Once you take that away or tone that done, the characters may become VF characters with new moves.

The other problem is balance. Case in point: Fighters Megamix. Not only were the FVipers better they just didn't mix with the VF characters.

The good thing about VF vs TK will be that VF gets the respect it deserves outside Japan. CvSNK I believe is finally telling all those EGM readers out there that KOF is still around and kicking ass. Hopefully it will do the same for VF.