1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF1 Character Models in US VF4 Arcade!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Jan 29, 2002.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Today at UCLA with Grib, I chose Shun, and suddenly VF1 type Shun was there! This is a US version B. arcade unit.

I tried to do it again with P+K, P+K+G, etc but I coundn't get it again. Then after I gave up, I was practicing Fujin or some other fooling around while I waited for the match to load, and VF1 Aoi was there as my Aoi.

We tried over and over to do it on purpose, but to no avail.

Anyone seen this? I thought it was Japanese only. Has anyone tried it on PS2 yet?

Spotlite

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

spotlite, dude, you're quick =] I just got home and was going to beat you to it!

Anyway, yeah I can't add anything but that it's true. VF1 Shun looked awesome -- it really suited him -- but VF1 Aoi looked bad. Matchstick arms.

We assumed it's how you choose characters. I tried P+K, P+G, K+G, and P+K+G, and none of those worked. I tried some of those with Start. Tried mashing too... but no luck. Spotlite got it both sides. Don't know if it's signifcant but both times was on the 2P side (probably not).

Anyway... raises the question whether there's other costumes, etc., in the US version?

grib.

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Probably a bug that caused it , the models are definitly in there ( as opposed to the net stuff ) in the western release as you can see them in the endings .

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I don't think it was a bug, actually. We managed to get it twice by fooling with the buttons, and as it's a feature in the japanese release, there's no real reason it wouldn't be available in the US version (unlike the VF.net features, which there are meany reasons why they aren't in foreign versions).

I will say that it's strange no one as mentioned or seen it in Asia/Europe. Grib speculated it was some kind of time release...

The only other things I can say are that I got 2P color Shun (looks like 2P VF2 Shun) and what looked like 1P VF3 Aoi.

yeah, Aoi didn't look so hot.

Spotlite

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a time thing. Select your character with 10 or 5 seconds left on the clock might be the key.

6. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

Seems to me that AM2 wanted to throw in some extra little odd secrets or something. This is VF4...so anything is most definitely possible....

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

or maybe a time release thing like tekken. where after the games played for a certain amount of time, the ability to select the vf1 chars is unlocked.