1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF1 characters in VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GeeseHoward, Nov 1, 2001.

1. GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward Active Member

Does anyone know how to activate the VF1 character art for the VF4 characters in VF4?
    What buttons do you press?
    Any other extras in the arcade game?
    Thanks

2. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

>Any other extras in the arcade game?

Affirmative. The VF.NET items, for instance.

>Does anyone know how to activate the VF1 character art for
    >the VF4 characters in VF4?

I've only seen them during the ending animation after the player reached Dural's stage.

3. Rugal

Rugal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen various extra costumes for the characters in Jap mags, but i can't read the text. All I can see is VF-NET, so I assume that they are unlocked when using VF-Net.

Anyone have any ideas for what is happening with the US version of the game considering it doesn't have VF-net?

4. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

According to the 2001.09.21 issue of Bi Weekly Dorimaga, and backed up by photographic proof, the conditions to choose any VF4 chara's blocky VF1 appearance are:
    - Use a VF.NET card.
    - The player's ranking is above Shodan.
    - In the chara select screen, hold P+K when the player selects his chara.
    VF4 chara who weren't in VF1, such as Aoi and Vanessa, also have blocky VF1 appearances.
    I presume this also allows the VF4 chara, except Vanessa and Lei Fei, to do their winning poses from previous VF games.

In VF4, in an one-player game, seems the player's chara only does her before-match pose once, before the first match.
    Before the second and later matches, only the CPU chara do their before-match poses.