1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF1 chars in VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by gribbly, Aug 22, 2001.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I asked this in another thread, but it was kinda buried so I'll try again :)

It was mentioned that in 4.1 you can use VF1 character models. I'm curious as to what happens when you're playing a character that wasn't _in_ VF1 (Aoi, Lion, Shun and of course Vanessa and Lei). Have they actually gone to the trouble of making VF1 style low poly models for those characters?

grib.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

no they have not~

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. Guest

Guest Guest

But for Lion, some player in japan said he'd seen a horned Lion during the game.
    Just read a japanese thread.. don't mean to counter..

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

dun worry
    why would I feel my answer had been challenged?

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

There are bonuses/secrets in the game...I'm guessing the horned thing was one of them.

A tip: most of the regulars here refuse to answer questions from anonymous users. Heck, most of 'em don't even read what they have to say.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

The machines I've been playing in Japan do indeed allow you to use VF1 polygon characters, but only if you use the cards. Put the card in, press start+p+k and keep them depressed until the screen changes to the round. All characters can be used like this. Cute, but won't tickle your pips for long.
    Happy because he finally beat Dural today -Scotchegg

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

that's total fucking bullshit, jeff.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

8. Guest

Guest Guest

"Happy because he finally beat Dural today -Scotchegg"

Sorry but who's he?

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It's so true.

10. gribbly

Thanks for the reply but it stil doesn't answer my question!

So I'm playing Lion -- what does a VF1 version of Lion look like? He wasn't _in_ VF1!

???

I guess I'll wait till I play the game... when was it coming out in LA again?

grib.

11. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Here is my interpretation of this situation:

* Everyone from VF1 gets VF1-treatment if this 'cheat' is used;
    * Lion, Shun, etc. remain unchanged.

12. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

people people people!!! have a little imagination /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

this is whats its going to happen....

that code will get all the characters in flat shaded form, meaning no texture mapping, just like vf1 was, they are NOT going to look like the vf1 characters did , the only thing in common they will have is that they will be flat shaded polys.

their poly count might decrease (to make them look more blocky) or increase .

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

13. gribbly

>all the characters in flat shaded form, meaning
    >no texture mapping

Well that makes some sense, although flat shaded VF4 character are not going to look like VF1 characters without a _huge_ poly count reduction (which can be done automatically, it's true) =]

But you're probably right... it's more VF1 "style" than actual VF1 models.

grib

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi.
    Im a Japanese living in Tokyo as I wrote in other thread.

There IS VF1 character model even for all the new chars.
    Not only those chars are non-texture-mapped and flat shaded, but also number of polygons are reduced.
    So they really look like VF1.

15. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ah just as I expected, thanks for confirming it.
    is this the coolest arcade trick ever or what! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Can you clarify further? Do the character models for the original 8 characters look like they do in vf1? As in the pic below? For example, is the character model for Akira in vf4 exactly how it is in vf1, or does it resemble vf4 character model but just flat shaded and a few less polys?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

17. Tot

Tot Active Member

I played against VF1 Lion and Pai today. Pai was exactly
    the same as VF1 char and also Lion.. what??? there was
    no Lion in VF1 but Lion looked like the chars in VF1.
    I found it was really annoying... We dont need this option!

18. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Are there any pictures of this trick being used on the web anywhere? This is something I'd love to see some screenshots of.

- Zero-chan
    http://www.fightingvipers.net

19. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Adam, they look just like this. They're the VF1 models AFAIK.

And ALL characters have this, so they have created special VF1 models for all the newer characters. The VF2 guys have VF2 costumes with VF1 builds. Vanessa and Lei Fei also have this. You can see these models simply by beating the CPU, where it shows all your replays with the VF1 models fighting.

Spotlite

20. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Just sort of curious.... but I assume lighting effects affect the VF1 character models?

-Chanchai