1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF1 mysterious moves ;)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by GLC, Aug 24, 2006.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Yes, you read that correctly - Virtua Fighter ONE.

Please take a look at the following text file:

http://virtuafighter.com/faqshaq/vf1_movelist_glc.txt

If you search for "toekick-crucifix piledriver", under that you will see two moves, motions of which are "?P" (they do 30 and 40 damage). Does anyone have any idea what those might be? Yes I know it's my own FAQ, but blame Mr. Bungle for being hammered while transcribing Japanese movelists. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help. This is a matter of life and death.

Edit: I have just been informed that the "?" before [P] was some Japanese character. Not that it helps much. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif Come on people.

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

after talking a bit with GE I think these mystery moves simply don't exist in the final version of VF1. as GE said, nothing seems to be missing from the movelist, and unless these are some bizarro moves (which VF1 did have - mysterious separate versions of the TFT and Jeff's b,b+P throw, and jacky's toekick, sidekick) which have never been found, i think they should just be dropped, or kept in with a small explanation along the lines of "no fucking idea what these are".

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I remember these phantom movelists. Moves such as Jacky's "pp4pk" series that never showed up until later VF's., and as you said with the toekick - sidekick.

4. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I dont know about VF1 but I always wondered about all of the extra vocal audio I heard on VF2 and the hidden movies that the game was supposed to have that I never saw, did anybody here ever reach the highest rank on VF2? Did you get ANYTHING for your it?
    I mean when I would go to audio and listen to everything everything every character had to say and there were these extra phrases that they never used in the game, intro or outro.

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

6. tonyfamilia

I've seen that one, thanks, but what about the rest of the cast? Do you really have to get those individual CD's for each individual character to see their ending? You know, the ones that they released for the Saturn, only in Japan, I never got to see one of those, does anybody here know if it was worth the money or even a look?

7. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"the gold disks" were not really endings, just ....stuff. at the time it was at least "worth it" for collection purposes. they are around on the net somewhere.

8. tonyfamilia

thanks man, you're one of the cool vets /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I see you didn't really get your questions answered, so here goes. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    tonyfamilia said:
    Did anybody here ever reach the highest rank on VF2? Did you get ANYTHING for your it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes and no, you don't get anything for reaching the highest rank. Just a screen which says you did it.

[ QUOTE ]
    tonyfamilia said:
    I mean when I would go to audio and listen to everything everything every character had to say and there were these extra phrases that they never used in the game, intro or outro.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's just like you said, they're not used, probably dropped after being captured or something.

[ QUOTE ]
    tonyfamilia said:
    I've seen that one, thanks, but what about the rest of the cast?

[/ QUOTE ]
    The Dural movie is just something you get after completing the game and beating Dural. There are no movies for other characters.

10. tonyfamilia

Thank you very much, kind sir.

11. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    kind

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On a good day when he's had his pills.

12. magnificent1

magnificent1 Member