1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF1 supposed to have 6 Bosses?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vargus, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Vargus

Vargus Member

Hi,

I figure there are bound to be some hardcore VF Veterans here at vfdc that might know this...

Anyway, I remember reading an article (or perhaps it was a rumour) like more than 10 maybe even 15 years ago that, perhaps just before when VF4 was coming out.

Anyway it stated that AM2 had originally planned to have 6 bosses (hence the name "J6" Syndicate) that you fought after the selectable roster was defeated in 1p mode, but was scrapped due to time restaints.

Dural did make the cut, so I suppose that there were going to be 5 more.

This was also (obviously) never revisited or added to in subsequent games.

The reason to bring this up now, I have been trying to find this article or some reference to it online. Or what even is more annoying, is that I may have read it in print given that this "idea" is that old.

Tell you what if it is in print I have virtually no chance in finding it!

Does anyone know anything about this? Or perhaps remember reading this somewhere?

If so, if you could post links or any information you have on this below, it would be much appreciated, cheers.

- Vargus

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
  3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Nope, first time ive heard of 6 bosses thing.

4. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Ellis, BlackGeneral and jimi Claymore like this.
  5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

i knew about those 6 entities from the FS storyline, but i never heard that originally (in VF1 in particular) there were goign to be be 6 bosses.

6. Vargus

Vargus Member

Thanks for all the posts guys, I am guessing that the link that Modelah provided is where I am thinking I heard what now appears to be just a rumour.

In particular the bit reading...

The executive arm consists of six people who are named after symbols of the Major Arcana, and are the heads of each respective corporation.

Anyway thanks for the info and clearing this up.

- Vargus

Modelah likes this.
  7. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    • Virtua Fighter
    • Gameplay
    • Story
    Pick two.