1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF1

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by 34, May 14, 2002.

1. 34

34 Well-Known Member

couple things:
    original name was "virtua fighters"
    akira is not in the game, instead sibba is there.

[​IMG]
    Aug/23/1993

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

That set up is pretty cool. Damn they had better arcade machines in 93 then we do in 02. Pretty sad for us...

3. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

actually akira waz in it or at least he was in the american version

4. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

i remember that face! I don't remember him being Sibba or whoever, but now i totally recall that stone henge lookalike being in the Japanese version. On a side note, I played vf1 recently again and it feels soo slow compared to any of the other games in the series!

5. 34

34 Well-Known Member

akira wasnt the character when sega start make VF1.
    then one day suzuki yu ordered to AM2 VF developers to make japanese character so they made akira before the day night.
    later they had to get rid of one of character(8 characters does makes clear line more than 9 characters).
    then they picked sibba.

another behind story is AM2 was very seriously think about put hickson gracie into new VF2 but they realized that jitsudo does not have much kicking or punching actions it's more like brake-born something like that... so they gave up adding gracie.

i saw concept drawing of hickson gracie it was cool.

6. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Hey where did you see the concept drawing for Rickson Gracie. Im not surprised that they thought of including him cuz hes in there cuz his family is legendary in martial arts. Im really into Jiu Jitsu so that would be interesting for me to see. I really dont thing that style fits into fighting games well unless they are all wrestling games.

7. Washi

Washi New Member

Anyone notice how smooth Jacky's arm looks? It isn't blocky like it was in the actual release.

Since Akira was stuck in at the last minute, how many of his moves were Siba's? I imagine the fighting styles of both characters were different.

8. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Just a note: If anyone is interested in some siba action, pop in fighters megamix for the sega saturn. He is a hidden character that carries a sword with unblockable attacks and funny grunts.

9. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i saw the drawing from one of korean game magazine.
    but i dont remember name of magazine, i saw the drawing 1996?
    if you really wanna have more details then i can post at korean VF forum site(tbzone).