1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2 - 99% of ppl need not apply

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by GLC, Jun 12, 2002.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

For those few interested, a couple of nice combos /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Everything was done in arcade version of VF2 (2.0).

Akira:

1/ TT [2_][K] -> [6][6][K] or [4][6][6][P]+[K]
    2/ TT [2_][K] -> [3][P] pounce OTB -> [2_][4][6][P] OTB (double palm!)
    Against a back-turned Lion - I guess it's doable against Pai and Shun too.

3/ [3][3][P] (back hit) -> [4][6][6][P]+[K] -> opponent falls out of the ring -> [6][6][K][K] (fluke)
    Against Lion.

4/ [3][3][P] (back hit) -> [6][6][K] OTB -> [3][3] -> [2_][4][6][P]
    Against Sarah but I'm not 100% sure I scored it /versus/images/icons/wink.gif My friend was a witness and she's saying I did. Anyway...

Jacky:

1/ [7][K] (air hit) -> [6][6] -> [2][K]+[G] OTB
    2/ [7][K] (air hit) -> [6][6] -> [7][K] OTB
    3/ [7][K] (air hit) -> [6][6] -> [6][K] OTB -> [3][K] pounce OTB (got it only once, freaky timing - I did a df+K cause I was scared to fuck it up with another move missing /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    Against a character jumping forward (not a backward jump, like in the old double kickflip combo against Lion!) - the timing is a bit difficult to explain. The kickflip must hit right after the jumping character passes over Jacky's head /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I got the first two against Pai and Lion, it may also be possible against Shun. I'd say the last one works only against Pai but I may be wrong. A guaranteed soccer kick pounce may be used instead of another finisher (tested - works against all characters).
    I was trying hard for the kickflip -> iaigeri but to no avail /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Will keep trying though, think of the sick possibilities.

Jeffry:

1/ MC [6][P]+[K] -> [P][K][G] -> [3][3] -> [2][P] -> [3][3] -> [2][P] -> [6][K]
    Against Akira /versus/images/icons/smile.gif The 2nd CD is super short, and good timing's needed to hit the low punch.

Kage:

1/ MC [9][P] (dead salmon float) -> [6][6] -> [P][K][G] x2 -> [6][6][K]+[G] OTB (huge distance)
    2/ MC [9][P] (dead salmon float) -> [6][6] -> [7][K] -> [6][6][K] OTB
    Against Sarah performing a shin slicer (d+K+G) with her back to Kage.

Wolf:

1/ MC [6][P] -> [3][3] -> [2][P] -> [4][6][P] (huge distance)
    Against Sarah's backturned shin slicer.

I'll update this post later, after I try some more stuff.

Edit: Added Jeff and Wolf.

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Damn, nice work GLC. Now I'm going to have to go to Funland to try these. I'm sure I can convince Llany to come with me -- he's always up for VF2, we just have to get several UpKn rush Lau v. Senbon Akira fights out of the way first :p

cheers,
    kbcat (what the hell happened to the forums I barely recognize the interface anymore -- neat though, good work Myke)

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Wolf's one is the easiest, and I'd say Akira 2/ and Jacky 3/ the hardest. All are fun though /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

niiice work, glc! i don't have a VF2 arcade anywhere nearby, and my fingers aren't exactly that accurate, but i could try slowing down my PC version of the VF2.0 game and see if i can do the combos, good work anyhow!