VF2 - 99% of ppl need not apply

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by GLC, Jun 12, 2002.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

For those few interested, a couple of nice combos /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Everything was done in arcade version of VF2 (2.0).

Akira:

1/ TT /versus/images/commands/D.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif or /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif
    2/ TT /versus/images/commands/D.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif -> /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif pounce OTB -> /versus/images/commands/D.gif/versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif OTB (double palm!)
    Against a back-turned Lion - I guess it's doable against Pai and Shun too.

3/ /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif (back hit) -> /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif -> opponent falls out of the ring -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif (fluke)
    Against Lion.

4/ /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif (back hit) -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif OTB -> /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif -> /versus/images/commands/D.gif/versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif
    Against Sarah but I'm not 100% sure I scored it /versus/images/icons/wink.gif My friend was a witness and she's saying I did. Anyway...

Jacky:

1/ /versus/images/commands/ub.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif (air hit) -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif -> /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif OTB
    2/ /versus/images/commands/ub.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif (air hit) -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif -> /versus/images/commands/ub.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif OTB
    3/ /versus/images/commands/ub.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif (air hit) -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif OTB -> /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif pounce OTB (got it only once, freaky timing - I did a df+K cause I was scared to fuck it up with another move missing /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    Against a character jumping forward (not a backward jump, like in the old double kickflip combo against Lion!) - the timing is a bit difficult to explain. The kickflip must hit right after the jumping character passes over Jacky's head /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I got the first two against Pai and Lion, it may also be possible against Shun. I'd say the last one works only against Pai but I may be wrong. A guaranteed soccer kick pounce may be used instead of another finisher (tested - works against all characters).
    I was trying hard for the kickflip -> iaigeri but to no avail /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Will keep trying though, think of the sick possibilities.

Jeffry:

1/ MC /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif -> /versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/g.gif -> /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif -> /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif -> /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif -> /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif
    Against Akira /versus/images/icons/smile.gif The 2nd CD is super short, and good timing's needed to hit the low punch.

Kage:

1/ MC /versus/images/commands/uf.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif (dead salmon float) -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif -> /versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/g.gif x2 -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif OTB (huge distance)
    2/ MC /versus/images/commands/uf.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif (dead salmon float) -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif -> /versus/images/commands/ub.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif -> /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif OTB
    Against Sarah performing a shin slicer (d+K+G) with her back to Kage.

Wolf:

1/ MC /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif -> /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif -> /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif -> /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif (huge distance)
    Against Sarah's backturned shin slicer.

I'll update this post later, after I try some more stuff.

Edit: Added Jeff and Wolf.

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Damn, nice work GLC. Now I'm going to have to go to Funland to try these. I'm sure I can convince Llany to come with me -- he's always up for VF2, we just have to get several UpKn rush Lau v. Senbon Akira fights out of the way first :p

cheers,
    kbcat (what the hell happened to the forums I barely recognize the interface anymore -- neat though, good work Myke)

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Wolf's one is the easiest, and I'd say Akira 2/ and Jacky 3/ the hardest. All are fun though /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

niiice work, glc! i don't have a VF2 arcade anywhere nearby, and my fingers aren't exactly that accurate, but i could try slowing down my PC version of the VF2.0 game and see if i can do the combos, good work anyhow!