1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2 Arcade-Saturn Contrasts (Question)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Chanchai, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Perhaps I haven't been looking hard enough, but is there any english documentation on differences between VF2 arcade and saturn? All I understand (and think I feel) is that it's pretty drastic.

The more specific question in mind is, are the move properties (priority, frames, etc..) drastically different as well?

-Chanchai

P.S. Is there a presently existing archive of newsgroup posts (either a personal collection, or a public engine, or other) that actually contains material that far back? Deja News seems to get smaller and smaller (or capped off at 2 years or something).

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

saturn game is 25+ % faster, maybe even more. floats are much, much, much easier. hit detection is fuct; things whiff when they shouldn't. and a bug in the 2.1 version that awards MC damage on each and every air float, effectively ruining the game entirely.