VF2 Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Myke, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    While doing some research for an upcoming CvS2 tournament, I stumbled across what seems like an old Japanese TV segment on a VF2 tournament (max battle?). I think the show is called 'Tonight II' and the clip features a young BunBunMaru, Shinjuku Jacky (I think) and Ikebukuro Sarah (complete with baby and all!) among others. Quite funny to watch the antics of BBM, especially him punching a wall in frustration after losing /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The url is http://sk.redbit.ne.jp/~replay/replay_movie.html and it's the very last movie on the page (scroll all the way down). The filename is tonight2vf2.wmv, and filesize is 5.16mb.

2. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

this is the kinda stuff ive been looking for. thanks myke....

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hehe, cool...talk about bringing back memories...

4. wu_wei

wu_wei Member

Very nice. I would have loved to have seen more actual gameplay footage but you take what you can get.

So much showboating on Bun Bun's part. Gets a low throw, stands up and fronts. Gets a Twirl, stands up and fronts. Yeesh.

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

that competition was for the VF2 World fighting tournament (W.F.T) **some product i forgot** protein sports cup, according to a poster i saw in one of the my vf2 tapes. The same poster could be seen in this video (dural, with colors black and yellow, a vertex grafics kind of look).

6. wu_wei

wu_wei Member

so, you actually have the tournament footage? How are the fights?

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hmm, i cant seem to find the clip you're talking about. When i clicked the last movie it was SSF2T? Did they remove the clip?

8. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Im having the same problem, last link is a vega, dhalsim fight

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yeh it's gone now. You know where it's mirrored tho!

10. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

you sick spamming sonava.... get his legs!