1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2 Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Myke, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    While doing some research for an upcoming CvS2 tournament, I stumbled across what seems like an old Japanese TV segment on a VF2 tournament (max battle?). I think the show is called 'Tonight II' and the clip features a young BunBunMaru, Shinjuku Jacky (I think) and Ikebukuro Sarah (complete with baby and all!) among others. Quite funny to watch the antics of BBM, especially him punching a wall in frustration after losing /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The url is http://sk.redbit.ne.jp/~replay/replay_movie.html and it's the very last movie on the page (scroll all the way down). The filename is tonight2vf2.wmv, and filesize is 5.16mb.

2. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

this is the kinda stuff ive been looking for. thanks myke....

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hehe, cool...talk about bringing back memories...

4. wu_wei

wu_wei Member

Very nice. I would have loved to have seen more actual gameplay footage but you take what you can get.

So much showboating on Bun Bun's part. Gets a low throw, stands up and fronts. Gets a Twirl, stands up and fronts. Yeesh.

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

that competition was for the VF2 World fighting tournament (W.F.T) **some product i forgot** protein sports cup, according to a poster i saw in one of the my vf2 tapes. The same poster could be seen in this video (dural, with colors black and yellow, a vertex grafics kind of look).

6. wu_wei

wu_wei Member

so, you actually have the tournament footage? How are the fights?

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hmm, i cant seem to find the clip you're talking about. When i clicked the last movie it was SSF2T? Did they remove the clip?

8. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Im having the same problem, last link is a vega, dhalsim fight

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yeh it's gone now. You know where it's mirrored tho!

10. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

you sick spamming sonava.... get his legs!