1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2 could have been Arcade Perfect!!!

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Vicks Biru, Dec 16, 1999.

1. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Well, everyone knows how VF2 Arcade translated to the Saturn and the PC... from polygon crushing power to parallax cushioning pukeworthiness. I have analysed the situation, and have firmly decided that AM2 could have done a better conversion. The stuff below applies more to the PC Version... enjoy.

Lau Chan
    Pagoda Garden

The conversion is pretty OK.</p>
    <hr>
    Sarah Bryant
    Greek Atrium

The conversion is pretty OK, save for the ground. The ground could have remained the same as the arcade, tiled, not panelled.</p>
    <hr>
    Shun Di
    Stream of God Mountain

Hey, I bet all of us would not mind if the river actually moved, or the bridges were part of the background and we fought on a bay, surrounded by houses and boats! I have edited my com version of VF2. See how it looks at this address [ http://www.angelfire.com/nj/BiruVF/images/Shunvsshun.jpg ]. However, I was too imcompetent to make a landing area out of the ring, so this occurs. [ http://www.angelfire.com/nj/BiruVF/images/shunvsshun2.jpg ]. </p>
    <hr>
    Pai Chan
    Forbidden City

The conversion is pretty OK, but the floor is all wrong (laziness as usual). Banners of oracle bone writing could have been drawn on, and the joss altar could just have been placed in, even if there was no smoke! Same goes for the lamps. The two layered parallax for high res-mode would make them stand out as solid objects...</p>
    <hr>
    Lion Rafale
    Wall Courtyard

<hr>
    Jeffry McWild
    Beach Land

<hr>
    Kage Maru
    Secret Forest

With the parallax going up to three layers in high res-mode, more trees could have been put, and the fire pole could remain, despite it not being abalze.</p>
    <hr>
    Jacky Bryant
    Yellowstone Park

<hr>
    Wolf Hawkfield
    Mountain Valley

<hr>
    Akira Yuki
    Hangzhou Dojo

<hr>
    Dural
    Atlantis

The conversion was good, but it could have been improved. Greek statues could have been added, and with the power to add in the Virtua Bird and leaves, some fishes could have come in too!</p>
    <hr>
    Bryants
    Chicago

The conversion is pretty OK, on seeing Saturn and PC's power.</p>
    <hr>

<hr>
    [bold]<font color=orange>Better run home to Mama now! Ohohohohoho...</font color=orange>[/bold]
    <hr>

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Fuck, has this guy ever seen VF2 Arcade? Plus, who cares about VF2 Saturn/PC conversions now, the game is so long forgotten.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Fuck, GLC, have you ever shared a gracious thought in your life?

Banners of oracle bone writing could have been drawn on...

seal script, not oracle. xiao/da, i'm not sure. oracle isn't used for decoration.

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I haven't, because I hate all the people!

5. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Its xiaozhuan, not xiao/da lishu whatever... anyway, I just brought the matter up so ******* off GLC.

<hr>
    <font color=orange>Better run home to Mama now! Ohohohohoho...</font color=orange>
    <hr>

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Boy, everybody here seems so delete-fully ready to follow ice-9's new site rules. How content we get... Uh, oh. I'm punning again.

With great censortivity, imashroom

7. Guest

Guest Guest

xiaozhuan, not xiao/da lishu whatever...

"oracle bone" refers to jiaguwen, not xiaozhuan. the zhuan scripts are called "seal" in english, and li is usually translated as "clerical." the xiao/da meant that i couldn't remeber whether the calligraphy on pai's stage was xiaozhuan or dazhuan.

no worries, it seems we both know what we're talking about in chinese.

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I'M SO SORRY!

I'd like to say a big "I'M SORRY" to you two... I offended you without ANY reason... SORRY again! That was because of all the shit going in my life :) Hope everything's ok!

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

To clarify why no editorial was taken control:

Fuck, has this guy ever seen VF2 Arcade? Plus, who cares about VF2 Saturn/PC conversions now, the game is so long forgotten.

There was an expletive made, but it wasn't targeted at any one. The word Fuck, used in GLC's statement, is more an expression of general frustration than targeted attack.

Also, GLC does bring up a good point. Who plays VF2 except for nostalgic reasons?

Fuck, GLC, have you ever shared a gracious thought in your life?

Expletive used, but again, expressed to emphasize Peter's inquiry.

I haven't, because I hate all the people!

GLC explains his bad mood. He hates all people.

anyway, I just brought the matter up so ******* off GLC

I didn't put in the asterisks (if I edit a message, I will always say leave a note saying so). Vicks has a right to be a little angry with GLC's rude response.

So there ya go, that's the sort of things I'm thinking while I read through posts like the above. Plus, GLC apologized. Given this time of the year, I can somewhat understand myself why people can seem a little on the edge.

ice-9 | Sennin

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, I'm Vicks and I registered as anon for obvious reasons - laziness.

Ohkay, now this topic has started to get controversial...

Oracle bone is jia gu wen
    Seal script is xiao zhuan

Which obviously developed into li shu, then kai ti, now the present is jian ti for countries like China /Singapore/Malaysia and fan ti for places like HK. Ohkay?

Sheesh! I just sent this in to tell you guys about VF2...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Chinese language

hmm, I am a chinese and i don't even know that ^^;
    "Oracle bone" "Seal script" heheh, interesting(if a bit western? somehow it reminds me of D&D stuffs ^^; ) name they chose for our ancient language system.