1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf2 music in vf4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mr. Bungle, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

some dude was bugging me about it, so i'll ask..

there's vf2 music in vf4, specifically akira's. check daioh 2-9noji1 and 2-9noji2 (easier to hear in noji2). anyone know if is this some special vf.net option, or can it be picked in some similar method to the one in vf2, where holding p1 or p2 start button till round started chose a remix of jacky or sarah's vf1 music.

i hope it's the latter and not just some special vf.net option for akira players only, to make them feel even more uppity and special as they cheeze and bullshit their way to victory.

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I could be really wrong here, so don't take my word too seriously, but...

If I recall correctly, a Japanese VF.net fanpage listed some music from earlier games as something you could buy through the little VF.net Battle Arena cellphone minigame, along with some of the other special VF.net items.

I'll double check this and see can I can find out.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

If it's available thru VFnet, it should be on the PS2, ne?

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

According to some Japanese websites, in the arcade, when a challenger comes:

1. hold u+P+K+G to get Sarah's VF1 BGM
    2. hold d+P+K+G to get Akira's VF2 BGM
    3. hold l+P+K+G to get Lau's VF2 BGM (4th dan and above only)
    4. hold r+P+K+G to get Lion's VF2 BGM (7th dan and above only)

I was unable to replicate this on the PS2 though...