1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2 players online anymore???

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

does anyone play VF2 vs for multiplayer online anymore???? i dug up my VF2 PC disc from a few years back and wasn't even sure how to set up an online game.

if anyone has VF2 PC and wants to battle let me know.

my email addy is numeritek@yahoo.com

thanx

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

VF2 online never caught on much because of the lag that's always present between when you do a move and when it comes out. This little bit of lag makes the game unplayable at good levels... so that's why nobody does it anymore (they didn't even do it when it was new)
    ...bummer eh? It'd be nice if there was a way to fix this, but I dunno if there will ever be.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

thanx creed.

that is too bad. seems like alot of fun missed out on.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I got thinking about this question and when VF2 was introduced for the PC, most home users didn't have broadband connections. It seems to me that with the popularity of broadband connections in most homes now, this online feature of VF2 would be alot more successful than it was when first introduced.

One big problem is that VF2 popularity way down because of the VF3 and VF4.

I still favor the original VF just because it is very was the first 3D fighter I ever played.