1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2: The guides

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by GodEater, Feb 12, 2013.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I found these documents on a backup drive of mine and thought they should be here for anyone that wants to peek at VF2. Henry Kong wrote an excellent System Guide and it is worth looking into.

The Gamest flowcharts and counter charts are excellent resources as well. I remember tearing those mooks apart just trying to remember all of the possibilities (which, at the time, seemed numerous).

Anyway, here they are!!! If I get some time I will actually try to update them so they are not just raw text files but I, honestly, find time at a premium these days so don't wait on me. :)

EDIT: I found this page in my copy of the VF Archive. I modified it slightly and uploaded it to a public, web view, Google drive. This is spanking! VF2 combos, movelist and counter charts. RSW and GLC were on a role in 1999.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B1nWzhcXQGiGUHBoOUZXWkRCSVk/index.html

Attached Files:

oneida, ToyDingo, IcKY99 and 5 others like this.
  2. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

These are awesome; thanks for sharing! Jap-sai.com has all of the Gamest Mooks for VF1 and 2, and a few for 3 and onward for a very reasonable price. I've been eyeing them for a while!

3. GodEater

yeah, I've only just discovered jap-sai. I'm grabbing the old mooks for nostalgia. :)

I found a great web site in the original VF Archive and I've added it to my original post.

4. Tumbling Dice

I think Jap-sai.com (now called Arcade Gear) deserves a lot more recognition. The staff is very knowledgeable about all sorts of retro games and their prices are almost always reasonable if not very cheap. Their selection of Virtua Fighter books and promotional posters/flyers are always fun to look at. ;)

Also, I really had no idea about some of those secrets in VF2, like the bird in Jacky's stage or the Lau hair length one. :eek:

5. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    ?? Details please!

Also, MUCH love for japsai. I just got Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets (360) and Shienryu (Saturn) in the mail from them today.

6. GodEater

Details are in the VF2 easter egg document in the initial post.

7. Tumbling Dice

I hate to bump an old thread, but I can confirm that all of these codes work. I was honestly shocked when the bird in Jacky's stage carried me away. Only God knows how people found some of these. Anyways, I'm working on some YouTube videos so everyone can see these. There's also some secret stuff in VF3, like a Snowman if Shun wins on Wolf's desert stage. It's the sort of thing you would only find in a 1990s FAQ. ;)

I'll be sure to post the videos in this thread when I'm done. More people need to play VF2 XBLA, seriously. ;)

ZBEP likes this.
  8. GodEater

Some time ago I started to video the glitches and easter eggs so I approve of this wholeheartedly. Wish I had the time to play. :(

9. Tumbling Dice

Sorry for the wait, everyone (two months, seriously?), but I've finally got around to making a video documenting one of the most interesting secrets in VF2 -- the Bird in Jacky's stage. I'm working on annotations that will document just what exactly is going on in each scenario. Sorry about the wait, but, in the meantime, take a look at this weird secret!

Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzWlc_qRGVo

Enjoy!

Edit: Annotations are up!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    Sudden_Death and ExzetyXat1 like this.
  10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I knew he said I'm faster than lightning. I dunno which version people hear him saying I could handcuff lightning. He clearly says faster at 4:30.

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  11. Manjoume

Manjoume Well-Known Member

This is wonderful info.

@Tumbling Dice That was a neat vid, I didn't know about it!

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  12. Tumbling Dice

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's so strange to see something like that in a game like VF, I wouldn't have even known about it if not for this thread!

I think he says he could handcuff lightning in VF4/Evo, if my memory serves.