1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2: Wolf p->giant swing unescapeable on block?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Zass, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Hi all,

Now that Sega has announced VF2 for xbox 360 I wanted to learn more about the game and engine.

The frame data here on vfdc (you can see in the resources tab) says that in VF2, wolf's standing p is +9 BLOCKED. Also I have read that giant swing cannot be escaped in vf2, and that throws are 8 frames. Does this mean stand p -> giant swing is guaranteed on block?

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that this is correct (stats on block). all data was taken from Gamest Mooks which were replete with error. I am really hoping that the release of VF2 includes frame data like in FS so we can complete the documentation.

Throws.
    The only throws that are escapable are neutral [P][+][G] throws. command throws are all inescapable (example: jeff's [3][3][P][+][K]).

only one exception to this exists. Jeff's [4][P][+][G] which is an obvious command throw but follows the rules of [P][+][G] mechanics and is escapable.

3. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    I wouldn't be suprised if its an error. +9 on block is simply insane. Would be great to have frame data released, although I doubt we'll get anything like a dojo mode...