1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf3 announcer query

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by uk_kid, Oct 21, 2000.

1. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i've noticed that in the options mode (DC VF3TB), you can hear the announcer say his soundbites, which are cool, and i noticed this a LONG time ago, but i haven't actually heard him say some of them in/before/after a fight, and am wondering where they're from....e.g. 'Ring Out', when he clearly says 'Out of the Ring'. are these 'bites' from vf3 ob or what? is there any way i can change the settings so that he says the 'new' sounds?
    just wondering
    anyway, it's 2.45am here now, so gotta sleep...

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

depends on the country mode it's set to.

USA:
    - all language set to english
    - screen displays "Out Of The Ring"; announcer says likewise.
    - screen displays "Time Is Up", announcer says likewise
    - features a parental advisory warning "WARNING - LIFE-LIKE VIOLENCE - MILD" as part of the attract mode
    - features a US FBI and Dept. of Justice "WINNERS DON'T DO DRUGS" screen as part of the attract mode

JAPAN:
    - sets the language for the attract screens ("this is team battle mode, press d+start for original battle mode" and/or "open the ranking mode") to japanese. everything else is in english.
    - screen displays "Ring Out", announcer says likewise
    - screen displays "Time Over", announcer says likewise

EXPORT:
    - identical to USA mode, except the parental warning and drug warning is removed.

ASIA:
    - identical to export, except! all japanese taunts are muted, so as not to offend the sensibilities of certain asian countries that the game may have been exported to. (they still grunt, they just don't speak)

Asia mode was introduced in Rev C.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

3. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

is there any way of changing to the other settings on my uk dreamcast?
    and is there any way i can fight on the original battle stages when fighting against the CPU? the original stages were WAY better IMO. the purple sky (great wall stage) looks way inferior to the more realistic pale green on the OB stage! you agree(rich)? i also miss the green trees in the background of the dojo stage :( that was so impressive......
    anyways

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

NEWBIE!?

and why am i now a newbie? AND...why does my ICQ symbol say disabled? my 'from IP' has also changed - why?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by uk_kid on 10/22/00 07:53 PM.</FONT></P>

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: NEWBIE!?

First of all, you're a newbie because you haven't posted like a maniac (it's one of those labels for how much you post). However, if you start posting nonsense messages or things like "woohoo, post #5000 and I got it!!!" we'll kill you!!! So don't sweat about it, nobody really cares about them, just lets us know how much you've posted (which doesn't necessarily mean contributed if you post nonsense). Hmm, ICQ symbol? is your ICQ on? Don't sweat with that either. You're on a modem connection right? don't worry about the from IP. Would you really want everyone to know your IP if you had a permanent one? Without a firewall? oh well...

Also, Rich was referring to the arcade version of VF3 (I think you did know that though), you can't alter those types of settings on the dreamcast. Nope, noe even if you go to your dreamcast settings menu (prompted when the CD lid is open) and set the language to make it do that (not that I've tried, but that almost never affects the game, just interface for Clock, Memory cards, and what not).

-Chanchai