1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF3 Aoi question

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Robyrt, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a list of guaranteed ground throws after specific moves? The ones I know of:
    Aiki throw
    Multithrow part 3
    Kickflip/sidekick reversals

Other than that, it seems a ground throw won't connect even after a df+P float. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

wow, I guess GLC took all of his faqs down.... Anyways, he used to have a list of Aoi's Ground Throw opportunities. I'll go digging for it sometime (I have it on HD somewhere). It's also on the VFA.

However... what I remember....

Ground Throw Virtually Guaranteed:
    *Specific Reversals
    *Sidekick Reversals (I believe)
    *Multi Throw ending with d,u+P+G
    *Sweep MC (I recommend you work on this one, it's a doozy)
    *fc, f+P+G (the standard)

Good Opportunities but can be struggled out of:
    *Low Throw
    *Back Throw

There are others and Burnside, a player from Portland, has been really making an example of when to nail ground throws on me. I struggle out of the struggleable ones, which discourages him, but he's been really nailing them a lot lately....

He's really showing me some interesting stuff with the sweep in general. Seems like if you nail an mC or MC with the sweep, the ground throw is virtually guaranteed. In addition, he's performed a ton of sweep based uramawari on me as well, some of them just involving doing something like 2 G-cancelled sweeps after knocking me down. Or something like that anyways.

-Chanchai

3. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver Well-Known Member

GLC's info, thoroughly tested - this is from an old Aoi thread:

"- crouch throw (FC,f+P+G), not vs. Taka
    - wall throw (db+P+G)
    - multi throw ending with (..d,u+P+G)
    - punch reversal from closed stance (b+P+K)
    - right-handed elbow reversal (db+P+K)
    - right-footed midkick reversal (db+P+K)"

all are guaranteed, but despite that, on an extreme uphill slope the ground throw might not work.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Aoi's ground throw is also guaranteed after an elbow (or equivalent) reversal.

The timing is weird, but a knee in a float seems to guarantee it, you time the throw just as they are about to hit the floor. Sort of like how jacky can do PP-knee, ground kick. This is less useful knowledge in VF4 I suppose because of QR's.

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yeah, but this is a VF3 thread and I still enjoy my VF3 (while planning to devote a lot of time to VF4 of course).

I *have* moved on, but I still enjoy playing the older games A LOT/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

As for VF4, good thing they tweaked Aoi a lot. I'm looking forward to focusing on her game.

-Chanchai