1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF3 Dural code for Japanese Version (PLEASE!)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

First things first.
    I know that Dural can be found in the training mode...I know this.

I am looking for the NORMAL & TEAM BATTLE Dural Code.

I have already tried the character select "DOWN,UP,RIGHT,LEFT,START" code..(BOGUS!)

I have already tried the character select "DOWN,UP-RIGHT,LEFT,START" code..(BOGUS!)

I have already tried the menu screen "HOLD START,UP,DOWN,RIGHT,B" code..(BOGUS!)

I have tried the classic "DOWN,UP,RIGHT,A+LEFT" (BOGUS!)

What I would really truly like to know is if there is someone out there that is a TRUE fan that can explain the CORRECT CODE that works.

I know that there is a code that works for the US version of the game (it may be one listed above), but I have the Jap version and I cannot believe that sega would leave such a thing out of the jap version when it has been primarily the japanese audience that has kept VF3 going for so long.

If anybody who has seen this code work in the NORMAL and TEAM BATTLE modes (with their own two eyeballs! ), could you please reply to this message and explain it too me as if I were five. I do not care how small the detail, just please explain it.

I have NOT seen ONE website on the entire internet that has the correct code. Its like some little SH!Ts thought they would be funny and post bogus codes on the net just to see how many sites would simply print them and not test them beforehand.

I know that a least one of the TRUE gamers that visit this community knows the code, all I ask is that they share it.

Many thanks to whomever can reply,

Extremely pissed VF3 fan,

ARFoster.

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

dude, it just doesn't exist. no matter how
    hardcore anyone could be.

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Wala, how to play Dural if you only own the Japanese VF3tb:

1) Pickup the US version of VF3tb (assuming you are in the US, you are bound to find it at any used games store, or even EB, used for probably $20-30. If not, some gaming suppliers are bound to have it on clearance... weep....)

2) On the US version, just enter DOWN, UP, RIGHT, LEFT + Start (I think that's it) at any of the character select screens (training, versus, normal, team battle, it all works).

3) In addition to using this method, you get a more useful (though not the best, but still much much better) training mode as well as a more aggressive AI (better or worse is up to you). However, you don't get an additional Project Berkeley disc :p But you do get improved shadows on slopes (they're still stencil buffered shadows though, so they can still be a bit messy like Quake 2 with shadows enabled... nowhere near as good as arcade shadows).

For some, it's worth the purchase of the US version. Hopefully your DC is modified or you've found a Gameshark that works with it. In any case, I'm sure if you look around, you can find a US VF3tb pretty cheap new or used these days.

Hope this message doesn't offend you, it's another way of saying that the Japanese version of VF3tb for DC does not have a Dural Code for actually playing the game. And about your comments about Sega... put it this way, they left the game with Genki and heavily rushed the game... hence a lot of incomplete aspects of the game.
    -Chanchai