1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VF3] Ura movies..

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by chingdude, Oct 11, 2001.

1. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

Can anyone please hook me up with some VF3 movies demonstrating the uramawari technique as applied in actual tournament level battles? I'm especially interested in battles featuring Chibita post '98. Thanks.

<font color=yellow>chingdude</font color=yellow>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Are you asking for match movies that involve uramawari? Or do you want movies with just uramawari.

I could always put up the God-Eat-God produced Ura Tapes (a clip with lots of ura) online for a bit and you could check it out if you haven't seen it already. As for match movies... I don't remember seeing it all that much in Japanese competition clips...

But if I ever get the time, access, and will to the proper equipment, I could try to capture some of the NYG2 matches that feature quite a bit of Ura. It would definitely include what Spotlite pointed out early, "The Emil Special" (I call it that, but don't assume he invented it or anything). That would be Akira just doing a manual uramawari and bodychecking for massive damage/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif. There's also Shota's high jump Lau uramawari as well. And more. However, clips of NYG2 matches is something I've intended for way too long and never did.... So I have no credibility in getting any of those out yet, sorry.

Interested in the Ura Tapes though? It's a nice video that I find enjoyable to watch on occasion.

-Chanchai

3. chingdude

Yeah, that would be cool if you could hook me up with the NYG2 matches. I'm not sure if I've seen the other one you mentioned (was that on the VF Archive?) or not but surely others would no doubt be grateful to see it.

4. Chanchai

The Ura Tapes is on the VF Archive. I'll probably post it in a few hours for a day for the heck of it, in case anyone wants to check it out.

When it is online (probably 6am Eastern Time/3am Pacific Standard Time), it'll be at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cs.orst.edu/~saenguni/vf/clips/>Chanchai's Random Clip Space</A>.

-Chanchai

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

that was quite a boring video actually...

6. chingdude

I think it kicks ass, bareknuckle. But, yeah, that was the one I already had from the VF Archive. Thanks anyway, Chanchai.

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

tis not really ura...

Chanchai, re: The Emil Special. Imo, what Emil is doing is not ura. Uramawari is really limited to making the computer think you've crossed in such a way that your opponent gets up backwards. Think of using Wolf's b,f+P, or Akira's d+K,E following df+P+G. Better yet, Aoi's f+KK after sweep.

Now, pressing your opponent with forward dashes and quick dodges when they're rolling is just damn good timing to get around your opponent as they rise. You haven't 'faked' out the computer at all. This can be done with *any* character and Emil is really really good at this.

Perhaps I'm being symantic and stingy of the definition, I dunno. :) Think about it though and I think you'll see what I mean. It's easy to throw all techniques that allow you to get to your opponents back when they rise as 'Ura' but they're not all the same. In GodEater's Ura Clips, the Kage cartwheeling backwards over a forward rolling opponent is a classic example of just damn good timing - but it's not 'ura'. It's really clever okizeme.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

8. Chanchai

Re: tis not really ura...

Well, I understand what you're saying Llanfair. Guess this is gonna be a common-speak affair.... But yes, what Emil is really doing is okizeme. I'll admit to that.

Finding true uramawari in the engine is definitely a lot of fun imo. Especially when it contains my list of good ura qualities/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Meaning, good advantage with good time, within a decent range (depends on the amount of time)./versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Maybe I should have used the term Godeater mentioned to me long ago? "Ura-Okizeme" hehe

-Chanchai

9. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: tis not really ura...

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Maybe I should have used the term Godeater mentioned to me long ago? "Ura-Okizeme" hehe

<hr></blockquote>

That works really well, actually. :)

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>