1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF3/VF3TB difference

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I read really good stuff about VF3 ( thanks to FAQS writers) but i own the TB version on my DC.
    What's the difference about the version "VF3 TB on DC" and the true VF3 arcade?
    i read that MC low kick weren't not implemented in same way, that you had to buffer throw, you must know that you'll MC before opponent move
    Are there another difference?

Thanks for help

Keep legend of VF3 alive!

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i wonder if people are waiting specifically for me to answer this. i should just have a txt doc with my standard dc/arcade rant and just copy and paste whenever i need to.

so, taking from and adding to sumeragi's list at: http://virtuafighter.com/war/arcade2dc.shtml

-game speed is about ~10-15 % faster than the arcade version, similar to how vf2 saturn and vf kids were faster than arcade vf2.
    (do NOT tell me it's my *eyes*, jeff. any idiot can see it's there).
    -opponents cannot escape from wolf's giant swing -> pickup at all, whereas in the arcade it's fairly easy to avoid (niiiiice going, sega).
    -uramawari seems to happen on the dc at a fair bit higher occurence rate than it does on the arcade
    -certain dynamics of kage's TFT are just plain screwed up in the dc version, and as a result most of the combos ending in his running slide (ie the most damaging ones, like knee ppk slide) are far, far easier on the dc than they are on the arcade. also some arcade aoi-only tft combos work on pai and sarah (actually with even *greater* ease on them) on the dc version.
    -after six hits in an air float opponents will drop to the ground like depleted uranium on the dc; seems to differ in the arcade.
    -on the bounce combos are easier, or harder in the arcade than on the dc. either way, otb combos work differently on the dc.
    -there are a few dc-only combos that characters other than kage have, but i can't be bothered to remember or look them up right now.
    -sure feels likes the hit detection is slightly different on dc, smaller, less solid. but, that's just a gut feeling.

graphically the dc is utter and complete garbage compared to the arcade. filth! bleh! *ptooey*!
    the sound effects and music are tinny and low quality on the dc version, too.
    and no one plays tb like it's supposed to, in tb mode, because loading time is too long. that wasn't dc tb at nyg2, that was vf3 dc. tb is a different game; the flow and mentality are quite different.

low kick throws? long explanation short, in general it's 50/50 in tb (dc and arcade).

3. Mr. Bungle

forgot one thing..
    wolf can actually take a hit from an opponent during the execution of his b,f+P or f+P+E but he'll keep on going with the move and possibly hit his opponent. never once seen this happen in the arcade.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Never saw it in the arcade either, but I don't ever recall seeing it not happen. Bungolio, can you test it out? If your comment of never seeing it happen implied that you had specifically tested it, then forgive me :)

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

5. Mr. Bungle

mykolio, i haven't specifically tested it, and yes, it might be in the arcade. but, i've seen it more than a few times on the dc (even twice at nyg2)...i should test it, though. will try.