1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[vf3tb] (dc) new lau bug/glitch found...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Sudden_Death, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

well, i never heard of this one so im considering this a glitch... but not really, its just another weird buffer shit. anyway it goes like this:

the motions are ; D/F+p, d/f p+k, K+G, all most be done as fast as u can OR you can also delay it too.

as long as the first 2 moves hit, (meaning opponent cant block them) it'll work. what happens is that all these moves come out as one "canned" sequence, but here's the weird part.....instead of expecting a high roundhouse (k+g), a low one comes out instead! (d+k+g). the only way i could get the high one was by doing f+k+g isntead of just k+g, theres proly other ways to get it too (b+k+g?).

thats all, another buffering shit, you can do it fast or a bit slow. I'll call this a DC bullshit for now until someone can test this in a TB arcade machine (rich!)

ps. yes i have a ton of free time :p

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmmmm... sounds interesting, mabye when you use d/f p+k, this counts as a crouching move.... the best way to find out is:

after the d/f p+k, tap k straight away, if he does a rising round-house, my theory is right, but if he does a standard high kick then it is a bug!!

man... you really dooo have time on your hands (lucky)

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The d/f+P+K by itself is a from standing move that ends standing, the D/F+P, d/f+P+K is harder to say, I've never seen one interrupted between the two attacks. In any case it definitely ENDS standing because you can high throw lau if it whiffs.

The mystery d+K+G is a strange thing. It could be a canned combo, it could be some command/buffering interpretation thing. It could by the almighty renken senpuuga!@# Maybe try fooling with K+G after an upknife or standing d/f+P+K.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

4. Sudden_Death

more stuff found

well i did more testing and i found out that you dont need the upknife (D/F+p) after all, so just do d/f+p+k , k+g. the d/f+p+k must hit for it to work.

I think i know who's to blame for all this strange buffering "bugs", it's the P+K phenomenom!!! remember all those weird akira buffering "tricks", they all have one thing in common, they all use P+K, aint that strange!? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

using this p+k, i think i was able to find another little quirk: this one enables you to get a regular punch instead of an auto-knife, so in other words you can prevent the auto-knife from coming out when you press punch. for example; lets say lau does - ppk, p - this will get you an auto-knife (automatic D/F+p), but if you press p+k instead of p as in - ppk, p+k - this will get you a "normal" punch instead of an auto-knife, "normal" because this specific punch its different than the regular punch (pressing P), pressing just P gives you a punch with a bit of stepping forward while pressing p+k gives you a punch with no stepping forward which is the only flaw from doing this way. but guess what else! if you do another regular punch after the p+k as in - ppk, p+k, p - an auto-knife comes out after a punch!! first time i've ever seen an auto-knife come out after a punch. btw, you must do this at a certain speed, meaning let the moves come out, dont do it as fast you can.

[​IMG]

5. GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward Active Member

Re: more stuff found

Yeah, it's the same in the arcade version of :TB.
    Doesn't seem that useful a move anyhow. Low damage and sometimes doesn't catch (depending on weight of opponent I guess). Much prefer the combo lau does in the intro of TB.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Not surprised about P+K making a regular punch.... However, the followup P being an upknife (in the example you gave I mean).... Damn! This is sweet!

I'm assuming this works in most, if not all, auto-upknife situations? This can make me a very happy Lau player. "Want more auto-upknives with that order, bitch?!"

-Chanchai

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Aye, you can preserve the auto-knife after such situations. Press P+G, let go of the G and release P when you want the auto-knife to come out. Instant auto-knife from standing...I'm sure you guys will realize how useful this technique is. Sumeragi is the only person I know who actually uses this here in the U.S.

8. Sudden_Death

"I'm assuming this works in most, if not all, auto-upknife situations? "

yes it does

[​IMG]

9. Sudden_Death

I just wanted to confirm that this also works at the arcade .

...that's all.

[​IMG]

10. Chanchai

OMG! I forgot, I wanted to confirm that it works in OB! I was using it quite a bit up in Seattle. All thanks to the man, Piccolo!

-Chanchai

11. Chanchai

Here's an add-on to the df+P+K, K+G "string."

If you do the K+G IMMEDIATELY after df+P+K, it automatically comes out with the Crescent/Roundhouse, but sort of like a string (giving you a good amount of time to raise your hands and do sign language before the crescent comes out). Delay it for a bit, d+K+G comes out.

-Chanchai

12. Sudden_Death

ah, where's the add on?
    i think i already mentioned that fact.

"all most be done as fast as u can OR you can also delay it too."

[​IMG]

13. Chanchai

The part about a high crescent nailing if you hit K+G immediately after df+P+K. In your original post, you mentioned that you could only nail the high K+G with f+K+G.

So... that's the add-on.

-Chanchai

14. Sudden_Death

ah, no. if you do K+G immediately after d/f+p+k, the LOW roundhouse comes out (d+k+g), NOT the high roundhouse, delay it a bit and the same thing comes out (as I said earlier). one of the ways to get the high one is by doing f+k+g (you can also do it with b+k+g or u+k+g). you cannot get the high one by doing what you said. and I think i know why you got the high one, what you proly did was this: d/f+p+k, k+g, then you didnt let go of the joystick, meaning you were holding either back, forward or up, which is an alternative way to get it (just found this out) instead of having to press d+ / f+ / u+/ k+g.

/ = or

[​IMG]

15. Chanchai

Well, guess we have a difference of results here.

Maybe my stick got stuck, but as far as I know this is what I did:
    df+P+K, K+G (immediately), and immediately waive my arms in the air for fun. That's what I got, and I thought I would share. Did it about 15-20 times in a row. In any case, it's not worth arguing over, but thought I would share that's the result that I got. Who knows, my stick could have gotten stuck to F somehow, or your stick could be losing its spring or staying at DF, I dunno... but, just saying that's the result I got.

I'll try pulling it back to neutral tomorrow or something. I had to delay about 1/3 of a second before K+G to get the d+K+G to result.

Again, this is just what I observed, I am not saying you're wrong.

-Chanchai