1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF3TB Online with NullDC BEAR 1.35c

Discussion in 'General' started by IcKY99, Sep 21, 2020.

By IcKY99 on Sep 21, 2020 at 1:03 PM
  1. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Untitled-1.png
    At last there is a somewhat easy to use client for PCs that allows us to play Virtua Fighter 3 TB (Dreamcast version) and Fighting Vipers 2 (Dreamcast) online with Spectating! This guide will help you get set up with BEAR and Radmin in order to connect to our private network virtuanet and challenge each other.

Some quick history for those interested, B.E.A.R. (Beat Em All Raw) is a fork of NullDC which is one of the most notable Dreamcast/Naomi emulators that ceased development nearly 8 years ago. BEAR strives to improve on the framework that was started by NullDC with a focus on input delay based netplay.

Prerequired:
    1. Download NullDCBear.exe and extract it to its own folder
    2. Configure your player name, leave the port number alone, adjust your window size if you want and you will have the option to change your controls. A ton of different fightsticks and pads are supported by BEAR so you should be covered. Make sure to allow a firewall entry for BEAR as well or you will not connect online.
      HvPDjKw.png
    3. To get VF3TB image file navigate to the Free DLC ;) tab at the bottom on the BEAR client, while in the Free DLC tab go to the dreamcast section and click the link within BEAR to be taken to CDRomance, once at CDRomance navigate to get the VF3 CDI file.
    4. Extract the CDI file to bear/dc/roms path once its in there you should be able to select it
      BxMt8t4.png
    5. Download Radmin VPN, this tunneling program will allow us to connect to the nulldc open lobby and virtuanet which is a private network just for vf players and vf events
    6. Once installed right click the top section of the Radmin window to change your user name, if you choose not to change your radmin username, your computer's default system name will be used. This is not a huge deal to change anyway as long as your BEAR player name is set.
      asdasaaaaaaa.png
    7. Click Network and select Join Existing Network+ then under Gaming Network enter the nullDC open lobby. This lobby is for the BEAR community and all supported games are played here (Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Capcom Vs Snk2, Fist of the Northstar etc.) Be sure to browse for matches.
      nulldcmenu.png
    8. Now that you are connected you should see other players in the network, You can challenge players by clicking their name and hitting challenge.
      AG7NiEb.png
    9. Challenge will allow you to fight each other, the client will automatically adjust the input delay for you based on ping, dont adjust unless you know what your doing. The general rule of thumb when it comes to delay based netcode is that the higher the ping, the worse time you will have trying to fight. If possible try not to challenge players with over 100 Ping unless you like lag!
      wNojuKr.png
    10. If you have followed everything correctly you should connect and fight.
    This guide will be updated as much as possible for the next coming weeks. Thanks to RossenX for creating BEAR! Stay tuned for a video guide very soon!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    seanpyro, Konradinho, DomAug and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'General' started by IcKY99, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Parasite_eveNZ
      Parasite_eveNZ
      Man this is awesome i'll be all over this. I hope we can get something similar to for VF4FT.
    2. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      Word on the street is that another dev on twitter is currently working on a build of an emulator that will focus on netplay support for Naomi2 which means, VF4-FT :)
    3. nou
      nou
      Does VF3tb work without radmin? I just downloaded the CDI and NullDC Bear. Basically I followed the instructions but have never used NullDC. Nothing started up for me and VF3tb doesn't even show up in any option.

EDIT: Looks like I have nothing to open it with, despite it being the rom folder. I get a "Would like MS to look for an app on the store to open this file." Will look more into it.
    4. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      Yes it should be able to play any CDI images without having radmin installed. Radmin only allows us to play online with eachother in a private network. If we dont have radmin we wont see eachother in the lobby.

So if you just want to play games offline, you download the .7z files, extract them with 7Zip to
      cccccc.png
      after that you hit play offline in the BEAR menu and select the game from the drop down list. If you dont see the ISO in the list just make sure where your saving it.
      ddd.png
      Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
      nou likes this.
    5. Emptyeyes
      Emptyeyes
      I may need a new pc to run this. It always crashes when I try to play these games offline as a test.
    6. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      Prerequired things to have installed, without these on your pc it might crash:

VC++ 2015 (If nullDC is giving errors/crashing) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

VC++ 2010 (If NullDC is giving error/crashing) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Directx 9 (NullDC is closing/crashing) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
    7. nou
      nou
      IcKY99 likes this.
    8. Thesch28
      Thesch28
      is port forwarding needed for this tho? also does being too far away from the other player makes the connection impossible like when playing with pcsx2 online?
    9. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      You shouldnt need to mess with any ports as long as your connected to the radmin network you should see myself and the few other people in there at the moment. And yes anything over 100 ping is gonna be unplayable in my opinion. Just as bad or if not worse than playing FS on PSN with someone in another country. Same type of delay.
    10. Emptyeyes
      Emptyeyes
      Icky99, sadly, it still crashes. I'm not sure what to do.
    11. J6Commander
      J6Commander
      Thanks Icky99! I got this working offline, but yet to find anyone to test it together.
      IcKY99 likes this.
    12. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      Good to know you got it working, so far theres about 10 people in the lobby for it so the more people know about this the more people we will have to play against. Im down for matches for sure when i get time off this weekend. Ill be in there tonight too.
      nou likes this.
    13. beanboy
      beanboy
      Nice. As soon as I get a new PC, I hope to join you guys online.
    14. Emptyeyes
      Emptyeyes
      I've went back to this application and finally gotten it to work. Fightcade 2 seems to have all the necessary files from Direct X to update your pc to run these kind of games.
      jimi Claymore likes this.