VF3tb questions

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by xDURALx, Mar 12, 2002.

1. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

1. After completing normal mode you're given a grade, how is this determined? I can't seem to get Grade 1, even though I go through without losing, execute reversals, throw escapes, high damage (100+ with Wolf) throws/combos, etc.

2. What do the circles at the top of the grade screen indicate?

3. Is it even possible to do Akira's SPoD and DLC on the DC controller? I can only do the first 2/3 of both.

2. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

dlc is a bitch if im correct...........dont know the names of all his combos.

3. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

on the jap ranking i can get 99999 an top dan, with kage akira and jacky, back in the day, late 98/early 99 i could do DLC on a pad with ease! an spod 50% the time, but playing vf with a dc pad is wrong!, hell i can never go back to the high level of play i had with a pad, but if u want tips i hear the french are (only) good with pads! hahah

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

pads suck so bad oh my............/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Some of the things that got you more points...

1) Not repeating a move in a match (basically using almost every move you have)
    2) Consecutive perfects
    3) Completing float combos containing specific moves. Some were easy (Sarah's P,P,P,u+K) and some were an ironclad bitch (Wolf's u/f+P)
    4) High damage floats
    5) Floats with a large number of hits got a bonus (more than 3 hits in the juggle)
    6) Lots of time remaining (kills under 10 seconds)
    7) Not ringing out opponents or winning by time

The little circles, if lit in a golden color, meant that you won that match without losing a round.

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

read the ranking mode faq in the vf3 section.