1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF3tb questions

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by xDURALx, Mar 12, 2002.

1. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

1. After completing normal mode you're given a grade, how is this determined? I can't seem to get Grade 1, even though I go through without losing, execute reversals, throw escapes, high damage (100+ with Wolf) throws/combos, etc.

2. What do the circles at the top of the grade screen indicate?

3. Is it even possible to do Akira's SPoD and DLC on the DC controller? I can only do the first 2/3 of both.

2. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

dlc is a bitch if im correct...........dont know the names of all his combos.

3. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

on the jap ranking i can get 99999 an top dan, with kage akira and jacky, back in the day, late 98/early 99 i could do DLC on a pad with ease! an spod 50% the time, but playing vf with a dc pad is wrong!, hell i can never go back to the high level of play i had with a pad, but if u want tips i hear the french are (only) good with pads! hahah

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

pads suck so bad oh my............/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Some of the things that got you more points...

1) Not repeating a move in a match (basically using almost every move you have)
    2) Consecutive perfects
    3) Completing float combos containing specific moves. Some were easy (Sarah's P,P,P,u+K) and some were an ironclad bitch (Wolf's u/f+P)
    4) High damage floats
    5) Floats with a large number of hits got a bonus (more than 3 hits in the juggle)
    6) Lots of time remaining (kills under 10 seconds)
    7) Not ringing out opponents or winning by time

The little circles, if lit in a golden color, meant that you won that match without losing a round.

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

read the ranking mode faq in the vf3 section.