1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4.1 for XBox?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Genie47, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

This is a <a target="_blank" href=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?domain=&feed=index&page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=25962> link</a> to Computer and Video Games.

Should this be taken with a pinch of salt? BTW, the link has this guest privilege thing. You can only access it once. After that the guest privilege expries and some page comes up asking you to join them.

2. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

I saw that site tonight too.

Hmm. I wonder if it is real...Xbox is doing pretty badly in Japan, would Sega want to spend all that money to make an Xbox version?

I kinda hope it does though, I'd love a better than arcade VF4...

3. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmmmmm............. well if it is true... then i wonder who the new character will be.....

4. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

So people don't need to bother with the link and the stupid guest privilages thing, here's the text of the article:

With the PlayStation 2 version attracting rave reviews, first solid word of an Xbox outing for Suzuki's fighter reaches our ever twitching ears

16:47 Virtua Fighter 4 is a PlayStation 2 exclusive, right? Not according to our sources. Whispers are emerging that a new version of Sega's acclaimed fighter is on the way to Xbox, and will include extras over the PlayStation 2 version, due for release on May 10.
    Sources close to Yu Suzuki, the legendary creator of the Virtua Fighter series and driving force behind Shen Mue, have confirmed that the developer has been speaking of a version 4.1, for release late this year for the arcade and Xbox. The current game, released in the arcade and on PlayStation 2, is version C.

Virtua Fighter 4.1 is to include at least one new character and new arenas, but very little is known at this point. The news is likely to rattle Sony's cage, even though the new version is expected in Japanese this autumn at the earliest.

You heard it here first. Now get back to sweating for the PlayStation 2 outing. May isn't that far away...

5. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

Daym, this is gonna be a blower if I have to purchase Xbox, etc., although this means perfect/better version of VF4. However, how serious was that article? I thought that VF4 was Sony exclusive for at least a year....unless Sega is getting a whole lot of money to compromise a deal,...

6. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

well...the one year exclusivity for PS2 doesn't mean that the Xbox can't get a version...

could be that VF4.1 comes out in the arcade maybe around October-Novemeber, and hits Xbox exactly 1 year after the PS2...Jan 31 2003.

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

hey i heard from a reliable source in japan who worked with yu that the character will be benimahru...........? /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif hahaha.....

8. gaishou

actually thinking about getting an xbox nstead of ps2.sooo maybe......

9. EvilBowlOfCereal

EvilBowlOfCereal Active Member

Vf4 on Xbox? Hmm that would be cool to see. Im still going to get a Jap ps2 and a copy of VF4 but if the Xbox version is worth a dame I'll get that too when it comes out.

10. gaishou

off topic, but legacy of kain blood omen 2 looks unreal on xbox compared to ps2.......unreal game......first gen shit........

11. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

A friend of mine sent me the same link. I'll sum up what I told him...
    According to the news I've been seeing, Xbox isn't doing too well in Japan... it's not surprising. Regardless of that, when I read that VF4.1 would have a new character I immediately got skeptical of the entire article. It doesn't seem like AM2's style to add another character... and I'm just basing this on their previous VFs... all had updates but nothing big like adding another character. I can believe the "new" stage might just be the new stage on the PS2 ver.

If it appears on the Xbox, it would make sense to call it VF4.1 or VF4 Xtreem or something stupid like that just to differentiate it from the PS2 ver. However, I think Sega would make more money just releasing the update on PS2 or even GC before Xbox. Looks like we'll have to wait and see.

12. gaishou

i see the name vf4X in the future as all new consoles name their exclusive games after the console......smb64 etc....maybe some higher level kumite??? fucking consoles need online play......i want to play shinz on ps2 or xbox lan ]games........../versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

*mumbles and looks into a crystalball* I see.....two persons sitting in front of a tv, they are playing something. It appears to be VF4, but what's that weird looking machine that looks like a big ugly X? Nevermind, let's concentrate on the gameplay, they seem to be evenly matched, it looks like....there's only one more hit required for them both to win the match!

Hmmm, they are only standing still looking at eachother from each side of the ring, trying to find the fighting spirit in the eyes of the opponent, much like the Samurais. There! Something happens! They are starting to run towards eachother at great speed, the one with the first hit will win! Who's it going to be?! One of them makes his move...it looks like it will hit, and......what's this? A bluescreen?! Oh the humanity!

14. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Hmm. I wonder if it is real...Xbox is doing pretty badly in Japan, would Sega want to spend all that money to make an Xbox version?

I kinda hope it does though, I'd love a better than arcade VF4...

In general, ports don't cost as much to make as original games. Hopefully it won't be just a port. I hope they bring back Taka! (I seriously doubt that would happen though)

-DMan-

15. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Someone posted a thread like that in 'general' with a link to a official X-box site stating the same thing, soo this could very well be for real, anyways I still think the new character they gonna include must be Taka.

16. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

a port to Xbox would be cheap to make, considering the Xbox's easy development set up...but a port of what? the PS2 or the Arcade game?

17. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

It's an upgrade from the arcade

With improved graphics, a new character, new stages, etc

VF4 had Ver A, B, C

Xbox is getting the last upgrade to 4.1

18. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Well, they've sold almost all units alloted.....

For Jap market so that can't be bad, in addition DOA3 was the #1 selling software title this week, VF 4 was #6.

19. Rary

Rary Member

Re: VF4 on Xbox

From Gamespot:

According the European Official Xbox Magazine Web site, Sega has confirmed that a version of Virtua Fighter 4 is in development for the Xbox. No specific details were mentioned about any possible enhancements or additions to the Xbox version of the game. When contacted for comment, a Sega of America representative told GameSpot that Sega has not made any announcements regarding the appearance Virtua Fighter 4 on other consoles and reaffirmed that it's an exclusive PlayStation 2 game.

20. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Yeah well it is a much more powerful console./versus/images/icons/wink.gif