1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4: 91 Consecutive Wins in London

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by adsega, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

Re: VF4: 93 Consecutive Wins in London

I think I'll just keep my mouth shut actually.

I have heard so much trash talking on this board and have hardly ever complained. All those petty squabbles had on this board by small minorities of posters.

Just chill! If you see a post with UK in the subject title....just ignore it. You have your culture, we have ours, if you don't like it ban us.

This ain't the only message board we can post on. As for Ice-9, he's a good guy and none of this is directed at him, even though as far as I know he is the one who runs this site, correct me if I'm wrong.

Just take it with a pinch of salt.

<font color=yellow>Once a champion.....Always a champion</font color=yellow>

[​IMG]

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Right, first correction is to inform you that Ice is not the only person who runs the site. Take a good look at who else does the work as well.

Second correction is to inform you of our culture here. Our culture here is one of sharing. We have info, we share it around. Just like the VFA rich did, just as I have offered my services to many different people on many different occasions.

Third correction is to inform you we have nothing against UK VFers. We have a big problem with Derrick bragging non stop. Just check out his latest thread. what the fuck is the point of the thread?

No one is gonna discredit ur wins. What some of us would like to know is how you played Lau. That is all we are asking. So how much has Lau changed in VF4? What did u do that led u to so much success?

Of coz, everytime we asked a question, answers are never given or the question entirely ignored.

Instead, one lone fool sees the need to start victimizing himself and his fellow VFers...then he starts accusing the rest of the world as bitter and upset for not having VF4 yet.

Can u honestly say that is not arrogance?

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It's actually a little more complex than that, but something only us in the UK would understand. :p

OK OK, P/elbow-palm/jisoutai ad infinitum then? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Naw, no worries, I'm just teasing you. I'm sure you're a solid player. Is Ryan still planning to come down to New York to spar in VF3? Or has VF4 engrossed him to the point of no return...

4. Prince_Hatim

I don't think anyone's coming to New York after what happenned.

And don't even look at me like I was responsible!

[​IMG]

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone's coming to New York after what happenned.

No safer time to fly on an airline, no safer time to visit New York City, man. I just went there last weekend and had an absolute blast hanging out with my friends.

And don't even look at me like I was responsible!

LOL! I dunno, your mug shot looks like something out of the latest Time magazine report...

[​IMG]

6. adsega

adsega Well-Known Member

Myke, a quick note - there were not 'a couple' of players there. There were about 30 mid to high level players, which is what made it so exciting.

And (not to Myke) if I have to explain once more about those fucking movies! I would like to see how good you 'look' at the game when you're just trying out new stuff on your first go. Are you thick?

You can't say shit about other players unless you've played them.

One day we must organise an event - VF4: the best of US vs the best of Europe.

I am going to start a separate post listing ten reasons why Europe (UK) would win. (Guess what? You are allowed to have fun on these boards you know! Or are you?!)

Adam Doree
    GamerWeb.com

[​IMG]

7. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

i am going to try and take this person down with my scrubby Jacky. ,heh my shun di wouldnt have a chance,

'Hah whats next attack of the drunken cats' Wong Fei Hong from Drunken Master

8. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

some people have got some chips on there shoulders

'Hah whats next attack of the drunken cats' Wong Fei Hong from Drunken Master

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

To be honest with you, the more players the less impressive the win streak. If there's 30 people there, you only have to beat each player three times to reach 90. People probably fell asleep waiting in line and I doubt they were as warmed up as Hatim was when they finally got to play.

10. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

when i have a go at vf4, i'm not going to do three moves over and over and over. your play was a joke. the cpu showed off more interesting new aspects of vf4 than you ever could have hoped to.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

11. Prince_Hatim

Yeah you're right man, it didn't mean anything.

[​IMG]

12. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

I think that a 93 game win streak is impressive. Congratulations. That takes a lot of concentration. Best win streak I ever had was 21 wins in Japan when I was there... lost to the CPU actually!

It seems to me that Lau has been more fine tuned than really altered in VF4, since many of his VF2 combos are now possible again as well as retaining most of his Vf3 stuff (aside from the weakening of the b,b+P float); in addition to all his new sick combos (the PPPd+K stuff otb or after a single palm), and his new moves aren't really that many.

Lau was really popular in Tokyo, but there people really WEREN'T using f,d+K much at all.

But as others have said, Hatim, I'd like to hear what you think about Lau now. Sounds like you got a lot of good practice in on your streak, what do you think about him now?

Spotlite

13. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

That's an interesting point,
    Shota recently got a 35 game winning streak in vf4 against me and another fellow chi-crew guy. Now were all basically feeling our way with the game (though i did want to feel on shota as well, but that's another story), he with jacky. But it was against five, so you 're point is an interesting one.
    Competition is another. Look at our gatherings, its either you, adam, myke or shota that have a long streak, but get knocked out soon. Don't remember what the longest streak was amongst us? I think NYAndy had it, don't remember.

Prince, its still good none the less, the others should have observed what his patterns were also and learned to beat him that way.

__-___---____

14. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

what about that challenge at vf3 on "games master" (tv program), that guy won 100 matches live using kage

(that was years ago!!)

15. adsega

adsega Well-Known Member

Actually, according to Mark who was at that Gamesmaster event and also at the gathering on Saturday, the whole thing was bullshit. There were not 100 players, half of them were shit and had never played VF before, most of them had never played VF3 before, Kiasawou had loads of practise, and actually LOST three fights! So it was all just souped up and glamourised for TV. There were lots of good VF players that were not there, in place of all those shit players.

Adam Doree
    GamerWeb.com

[​IMG]

16. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That's show business for ya lol. But, Despite Dominic Diamonds lame attempts at humor I actually miss that show. Bits was weak.

Adio.

17. geese

geese Member

That was Kyasao, a well known Testujin. The contestants for that "competition" were randomly grabbed from Namco Wonderpark. I'd say at least 80 of those 100 people had never even played VF3 before that day.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Still though, I'd wager it would've made no difference and that Kyasao could've gotten those 100 wins even if only UK players that read this board (and hence presumably of competent skill) were there at the event.

19. Prince_Hatim

I was also at that show too, I was number 30 and it was on two rounds and I lost like a punk. There were only about 40 people there altogether. The 100 wins wasn't even actually done while were there.

I guess they paid some punk £2.50 an hour to keep racking up those wins by pressing the 2 player button and beating himself up until he had 100 wins on himself?!? then kicked the fool off the stage and filmed the Kyasao on the machine.

It was one big bullshit setup for television.

[​IMG]

20. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

And to think, back in the day I recorded that episode and played it again and again...LOL

Adio.