1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 action figures... Oh dear.

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Zero-chan, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I recently heard that VF4 figures were shown at the recent 2002 Toy Fair. Upon first hearing the news, I thought, "Great! One of those cool Japanese toy companies is going to produce some killer VF4 figs!"

Then I heard that it was an American company (Joyride Studios) that was producing them. Of course, I didn't get too dismayed, because there's certainly some cool American-made action figures out there.

And then I saw what they looked like. (@_@;)
    See for yourself:
    http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=31065&domain=figures.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4

I hate to imagine what the women are going to look like, if they ever get to them.

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

OMFG....

Quality control?

Hmmm... kinda looks like Jar-Jar binks... hang on it is Jar Jar!

3. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

gigantic gi joe look alikes.............

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Damn, That's weak! Which company did the Tekken 3 figures. They were OK. Quality control is indeed the word for the day.

5. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

If only McFarlane will make VF4 figures. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yes that's a thought, They end up costing a packet but i'd gladly buy them if that was the case. the deatil from McFarlane's work is unbeatable.

7. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

How embarassing. Akira is awful and looks like an 80's movie street thug, and Lau looks like a younger, pencil necked white guy.

They should get the people who make the Spawn toys to make them.

8. Zero-chan

A Japanese company called Epoch did the Tekken figure series. They usually produce good stuff.

The only complaint I have about a lot of McFarlane's stuff is that the figures generally aren't very articulate. Which is fine if you're one of those people who just lets the figures sit in the box forever, but I like to actually play around with the toys I buy. But, Japanese figures can be like stiff like that too, so it's just a minor quibble.

IMO, Japanese figure companies are still the best in the world.

Another scary bit... you know that GamePro VF4 cover I mentioned earlier? Well, guess what exactly is on that cover... the action figures. Aieeeeeee.

9. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

who did the virtua on ones? an was there figures for vf2 or 3?

10. Zero-chan

Sega themselves made the first VO figures (based on VOOM), which were rather unimpressive. Kaiyodo is making figures based on VO:OT, and I must say that they're some of the coolest figures I've ever come across.

There were some VF limited-edition character statues of Akira and Sarah made, but I forget the company that did them. Japanese hobbyists have also made several sets of VF resin model kits. I'd like to get my hands on some of those someday if I could.

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I don't understand, where's the logic? Anyone can see that those figures are poorly designed, why would Sega give such an inept company rights to their flagship title?!

Agreed, The Voot figures are Classics, super rare though as They only have RNA Fei-Yen Knight at Forbidden Planet (The UK's Comic/import stuff capital). I'd kill for a RNA Cypher...

If you're going to do anything, do it better than anyone else and get the best people aboard.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Mate, McFarlane is the guy/company that does Spawn.

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the VOOT figures that have been released in the US by Xebec? I don't know all the figures that are out, but I'll list the ones I've found and have:
    -Temjin (DNA)
    -Temjin (RNA)
    -Temjin (LE)
    -Temjin (With Surfboard--huge box), I don't have this one
    -Fei Yen (DNA)
    -Fei Yen (RNA)
    -Fei Yen (Tigress)
    -Cypher (DNA)
    -Apharmd B (DNA)
    -Apharmd S (DNA)

And that's about all of the ones I've seen so far, as released by Xebec anyways. I'm hoping that my main virtuaroid will be available soon, Dordray. I imagine the packaging will be pretty big though.

-Chanchai

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Cheers Chanchai for the info. I was indeed talking about VOOT. I wonder how they'll handle Dorday's giant mode feature? Perhaps it could come with a cardboard cut out or something.

15. Zero-chan

As an addition, this site has a Specineff figure available:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.animaxis.com>http://www.animaxis.com</a>
    It's only available in Japan at the moment though, unfortunately.
    I'm wanting an Angelan myself. I wonder how the dress will look?

16. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Hmmm. The dress shouldn't be hard. It's those angel wings that interest me, perhaps they could be clip-ons. Also, her Ice Dragon move, who would they pull that off? with a bit of plastic?

17. number 6

number 6 Active Member

18. Zero-chan

Wow, even in that small picture those already look cooler than the US-made figures I posted pictures of. It say s they plan to make keychains too. I wonder what those will be like? I kinda hope they're SD-style... that would be so cute (^_^)

19. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yes they look much better. Shame they're not possible.

20. Jotaro

Jotaro Active Member

U know, that Series of Figures released some years ago by Japan (but was made in China) based on the VF TV series was much better...(Remember that series of figure taht had Akira,Kage,Lau & was it Pai? With a Card in each of the Boxes)

They HAVE to fix Akira's Hair...
    Man I thought Resaurus got the rights to VF 4 after reading tehir BBS sometime ago...Damn Joyride....go ride somewhere else.