1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 and the Western World

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Gnug315, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

What I'm wondering is, are we shit out of luck?

From what I can see in the locations I know about (Denmark, London, California), arcades are crashing and burning all over due to the gaining of popularity of PC/internet and console gaming since VF3 came out. With VF4 being a top-of-the-line spanking new machine with new hardware and, I'd assume, a lot higher development costs than your average new SF installment, won't it be like eigth to fourteen times as expensive as the average new arcade game and thus impossible for a struggling arcade in this day and age to purchase?

Does anyone know who one could ask about whether VF4 will even make it to the West at all? Anyone one might be able to influence?

- Jan

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if Toronto (At the
    very least) didn't get a VF4. We have had
    ever single VF incarnation before. VF3TB
    still brings in people and money.

GE

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

as ge suggests, it'll probably depend most on how well vf3 did in your location, assuming the arcade is still around. vf3 in boston at jillians probably made thousands and thousands, so they'll probably get vf4.

vf3 was not as expensive as people blather about, and naomi is downright cheap, too. and most arcades lease on a monthly basis from distributors, not buy outright.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

probability increases if there wont be any'cheap' System 256(PS2)-Beat'them up competition during the months before and after VF4's release(for example Soul Calibur2, Bloady Roar3)

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I think it'll be wide spread, Naomi 2 is just a step up from Naomi, which is cheap (my local game shop paid $800.00 Us for MvC2 cabinet).

Did anyone read about how Sega, Namco and Sony are working together to bring broadband to the arcade and home? Interesting. Check it out at www.the-magicbox.com.

spotlight