1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 AND WOLF STUFF

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Electro_Jacky, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    Good things

1: Giant Swing has range were talking straight from the starting postions your in range : )

2: come to think about all his throws have more range, just giant swing most improved.

Bad things

1: Giant Swing has got delay like a catch throw you can jab him and PG him out of it : (

2: Wolf is even more ugly now and his second costume is $hit if only i had a vf.net card *sigh*

Marc

THAT'S.......IT.......NOW!!!

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, all throws have execution time now, as far as I know. But yes, Wolf's Giant Swing is now a catch throw. You can escape it on connect (probably even during execution, but I don't know), and you can tech roll when you hit the ground (in the VF4test, this is the only throw I can think of where you could tech roll upon smashing into the ground).

After about a few matches against a decent opponent, your opponent should easily do things like low P when they see a Giant Swing. Not always, but you'll probably see it a bit. Then again, it probably also means you need to be less obvious about doing your Giant Swings. But now... It seems a lot harder to nail a Giant Swing against aggressive opponents (those that will sink in and out of range, but poke when they are in range--or at least this is my VF3/VF4test style of throw prevention).

However... see if this thing works (because it seemed to work in the test version). Do a Giant Swing, and if it whiffs, see if you can somehow cancel it into another throw. Somehow, I was able to do this a few times in the VF4test, I doubt it works in VF4 ver. B, but you never know.

-Chanchai

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Jeffrey's b+P+G throw could be QR/TR'ed upon landing, for zero damage in VF4test and ver.A. No longer in ver.B though.

[​IMG]

4. Electro_Jacky

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    The changing of the Giant Swing properties is really annoying especialy to Wolf players who abuse that move *cough ahem* it looks like i have to fight fair now ; )

5. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

also helps us (those who have to play against wolf) that it is only a single direction reverse now, f+G. he now has 3 low throws though.... shiver!. his new throw where he grabs both your arms and slams you to the ground can also be QR.

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"he now has 3 low throws though"

wolf also has 3 low thows in vf3, 5 if you count the low side throw and the low back throw

[​IMG]

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I think he means 4 low throws... db+P+K+G, d+P+K+G, df+P+K+G, and df,df+P+K+G. Then there's the low side throw as well.

[​IMG]

8. Electro_Jacky

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    hmmm haven't got round to try canceling whiffs but found out today Wolf sholder is a bit weaker, it's lost some piroty on punches.

9. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

sorry guys! my post was coming purely from the angle of people who have to play AGAINST wolf. he may have 5 low throws but my point was that now you have to think about 3 different escape commands for wolfs low throws, and i understand that you cannot double low throw escape ( which makes sense since it would of meant that aoi had an extra down throw for nothing etc ) by the way, can you escape his low side throw now? ps: its just a matter of time before GOOD Vanessa players hand wolf his ass! ;)

10. Chanchai

Really?! Despite Double-Command-Throw-Escapes (DCTE) being said to exist (unless I've lost out on the loop), there are no Double-Command-Low-Throw-Escapes (DCLTE)?

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Double command throw escape exists. Double command low throw escape does not. First read about it on Daily VF, and I also tested this out personally with Jason and Jemin.

[​IMG]

12. Chanchai

First reaction.... DOH!

However, upon further reflection.... THIS IS GOOD! Thanks for the update.

-Chanchai

13. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I just wanna make sure.... There are 2 situations for a TR/QR for a Giant Swing: The first one where you don't get damage for hitting the ground; you identify this by not hearing the sound of the ground hit (And of course by not taking damage), and the second where you actually TR/QR but still get damage and hear the ground hit sound. Am I right with this?

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I just wanna make sure.... There are 2 situations for a TR/QR for a Giant Swing: The first one where you don't get damage for hitting the ground; you identify this by not hearing the sound of the ground hit (And of course by not taking damage), and the second where you actually TR/QR but still get damage and hear the ground hit sound. Am I right with this?

Yep.

15. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Thanks. So it's a matter of timing?? I think that I will still get damage if I 'button-mash' the TR/QR. The timing is critical for the other one.

16. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

AFAIK it depends if you TR or QR the Giant Swing.
    If you QR, you get the damage, if you TR you don't.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    AFAIK it depends if you TR or QR the Giant Swing.
    If you QR, you get the damage, if you TR you don't.

No, that's not right. With the proper timing, you can TR or QR the Giant Swing to avoid the last portion of damage. The Blue Book refers to these as Just Break Falls. I don't think you'll ever get the Just BF by mashing either.

18. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for clearing that up Myke. It just seemed that way when I played. Whenever someone QR he'd get the damage when he TR he didn't. Must have been chance or the typical only-notice-when-it-fits-your-theory problem. A very bad way of doing science /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    No problem, 3of19.

If anyone is still in doubt, then check out the latest daioh clip, daioh_3-5ero5l.WMV, at the 1:35 mark, Wolf GS's Jacky, and Jacky QRs the GS to avoid the damage from the ground impact. The QR looks much cooler too, IMO.