1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 beta at SVGL

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Yamcha, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

My friend just ICQed me and said SVGL has VF4!!! I'm heading there right now!!! Report later, it's gotta be the final version.

Edit: Ho ho ho sorry guys it's still the test version. I'm guessing they're going to keep this cabinet and eventually update it to the final, couldn't find any employees that knew to confirm. Kind of a weird green color, not the orginal metallic one, nice 28-ish inch screen though. Sticks are kinda small and not quite as responsive as I would have liked. Versus CPU is changed to 2 of 3 now, two players is 3 of 5. I'd post some gameplay stuff but it's probably outdated by the final by now.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Yamcha on 10/01/01 00:07 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 at SVGL!!!

Ho ho ho, if this is true, I think I know what I'm going to be doing Fall Break.

3. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

i hope it's there..... well i would have to check tomorrow but i'll try to go tonight.

*********update************ ok cameback (cuz svgl turned off the games) and yup yamcha was right it is the test version.

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jackybrothas on 10/01/01 01:48 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

My friend might be visiting from New York tomorrow, but depending on her schedule, I might be able to swing by in the evening. Thanks for the update! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

coo i might see ya there depending on some stuff that i may have to attend to... big thanks to yamcha for the heads up!

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Just called Jason Cha, we might both head out to SVGL tomorrow depending on work schedules. Now to call Jemin, Akira and Don. Heh.

[​IMG]

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Ice, make that you and me/versus/images/icons/smile.gif Would be nice to try to schedule a time when both of us can go down there!

-Chanchai

8. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. I am a new user of this board, and I just live in south San Jose. I came from Taiwan, and I was a very good VF3tb player.

I am so happy to find this site to meet so many people like VF as I do, and so excited about the return of VF4 in Golfland. I sincerely look forward to meeting anyone of you to play VF4 in Sunnyvale.

I'll go to Sunnyvale Golfland on this saturday (10/06), and I will arrive around 13:00. Does anyone want to come and enjoy VF4 together?

I can't wait to play VF4 !!!

VF4 rules!!!

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Dunno if I can make it tonight, but if someone could try and find out more about when the final will be there, it would be much appreicated.

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Dave,

My schedule tonight is still unconfirmed (depends on my friend's flight in). If I do go, I'll definitely ask around re: ver.B.

Segaduck,

Sounds great! I'll definitely be there on Saturday, not sure about 1pm, but definitely some time in the afternoon/evening. Hope to see you there!

P.S. If you live nearby and can drive there, you should drop by SVGL at 10am to get the Saturday morning token special...

[​IMG]

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, unfortunately, because it's just a test version at SVGL I've made plans to go camping with a few college buddies for Fall Break.

However, I am considering spending a weekend at either Chicago or SVGL to check out VF4 again, even if it's the test version.

What I'm wondering is: Where should I go? Is there a place that I can stay at for the weekend? Would it be difficult to get to SVGL from LA? Which would have decent competition (quality, not quantity)?

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

What I'm wondering is: Where should I go? Is there a place that I can stay at for the weekend? Would it be difficult to get to SGVL from LA? Which would have decent competition (quality, not quantity)?

Depending on which weekend you're planning to drop by, you might be able to crash at my place. Alternatively, if you want to be ultra hardcore and play VF4 from the moment the arcade is open till the time it closes, there is a Best Western motel right opposite SVGL:

820 E. El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, California, United States, 94087
    408-245-2520 Fax: 408-736-9851

I can't speak for Chicago, but at SVGL, on any given Saturday, you'll probably bump into Jason Cha, Jason (jackybrothas), me, Jemin, Don, Akira, Yamcha, Chan, Sam (maybe), John (maybe), GhostDog (maybe)... a couple of others I can't recall offhand.

Getting to SVGL from LA? Don't even think about it! =P

[​IMG]

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

How are the sticks?

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I dunno, according to Yamcha, it's a different cabinet from the earlier VF4test machine. I'll know more when I check it out tonight.

[​IMG]

15. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Sticks kinda suck if you ask me. The generic American kind, don't know what brand or anything, but they're really short so that only pratically only the knob is sticking out. Also I think they were a little busted, had a little trouble with some stuff, but could've been just me.

There's hotels right nearby if you wanna stay. Also if you wanna go to LA you could always rent a car (5 hours) or hop on a plane (1 hour), dunno when SHGL will have VF4 but you could always spar VF3 with Bryan. Heck I might even be convinced to come along too, depending on when.

16. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

Howard!

It's nice to hear from you again, this is Bryan.

I'm glad you still live here in california. How are things going in San Jose?

I spent August in Japan playing VF4, it's really great. I thought of you when I saw all the SpikeOut playing, it's still popular there.

Guys, Howard is an ACE VF3tb player, I'd rank him among NA's best easily. When I played him, my win ratio was about 10%, an I know he was just goofing off. Howard showed me many things, and pushed me to become a better player. I'd really like to meet you again.

Please keep active on this board, Howard.

Bryan (Spotlite)

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah great, more awesome competition in SVGL. Can't wait! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Geez Bryan all this time I've been spelling your name as Brian. You shouldn't hesitate to correct me next time!!

Hey Howard, welcome to the forum. Bryan told me about you, and the temptation to go this weekend is getting very strong. Maybe we can play VF4 and some VF3tb afterwards/beforehand. Are you going to be in SVGL for the entire weekend?

Finally, I assume Sunnyvale has an airport right? I'll go check flight prices. I don't know, it'll really depend on how much work I can get done. I have midterms on the 10-12th, and I'm behind on some of my classes, not to mention my job search.

If I go, I'll probably stay at that Best Western (thanks for the offer Chris, but don't want to bother ya unnecessarily)...

19. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

The closest airport to Sunnyvale is San Jose. The 2nd closest airport is San Francisco. If you're going this weekend, give me a call on my mobile -- 415.377.6416...

[​IMG]

20. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Fall semester, senior year? Hehe, I don't know what you're flying out to Sunnyvale to play VF4 for. I was taking the Amtrak to NYC every week for interviews and sell dinners in Fall '98.

P.S. Did you by any chance meet up with Dawn Teo at Merrill Lynch HK?

[​IMG]