1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vf4 better than Vf3???

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GeeseHoward, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

FMM IS KEWL BECAUSE YOU CAN USE JANET'S GUN AND IT IS UNSTOPPABLE

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Playing by yourself , get those fingers pumping ?
    Please this is a family board for VF discussion .

3. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

almaci:: practice playing vf4 alone so you can get used to the controls. sheez do i have to clarify myself all the time?

anyway ::: yea condition yourself and your reflexes will improve and you'll get better. that is what i meant.

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Pervert .

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I *personally* enjoy playing FV2 more than VF3tb. I'm not going to argue that the FV games have more depth than the VF series though, or that they are superior, because I know better. The two are sister series, related by lineage but distinctly different games, and I think they should be regarded as such.

I'm mainly bothered by people who blindly state that FMM is the greatest fighting game ever and refuse to acknowledge its huge amount of flaws. I think I'm also irritated by the people who were like, "I'm not gonna buy FV2 DC, I'll just wait for FMM2!" Um, sales of FV2 would likely INFLUENCE a decision on wether or not to make FMM2. People are so stupid sometimes...

6. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

Now if Aoi had Janet's gun.....

7. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Well overall i prefer VF3. I liked the 'slower' pace. I think it isn't such a good idea to make throwing so difficult(againts a strong CPU for example). if an attack is beeing started, there is no way you can throw you opponent(okay interrupt attack with a low punch or a dodge followed with a throw). I also liked the dodge button it had great potential(combine button with different directions, for different steps-Lion-shun-like).
    something i like in Vf4 more, is that fighters don't fall so often like dead meat, beeing able to recover very fast from a takedown. The rings also don't look special to me, i liked Vf3 stages more(more strategie-potential,juggles and so), i hate 100% flat stages.
    I also liked the realistic touch, when you stopped an enemys limb in Vf3,it didn't went thru your arm.
    lei-fei seems a little to button-mashing to me(on low, middle level).

funny the big gap under Vanessa, maybe Taka will return in VF4's next update........

A yes and the Into is fucking shit, compared to the splendid :'ignite your heart' VF4 unveilling Video. maybe the worst VF intro of the entire series.......

8. Drunken1

Drunken1 New Member

Wow, someone elsebesides me that played Fighting Wushu aka Fighting Bujutsu by Konami on the infamous "Cobra Board" 2 bad this one never made it home, the play mechanics were a little goofy, but it shore was perty. Actually had a Monk character in it. I'm such a martial arts junkie, Does anyone know where I can buy a cabinet? :)