1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 books

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Oct 20, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

There soo many books floating around on VF4. Which is the latest??

Is it the perfect guide? Can it be found in Singapore? Can someone give me some details so I can ask the kinokuniya to bring it in?

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Perfect Guide: ISBN4-7973-1797-3 (1600 yen)

I seems pretty good. Not as nice as Gamest Mooks of the past, but pretty good.

cheers,
    kbcat

3. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

kinokuniya will order that for you?
    okay if you get it in ... oh wait it will probably take a while. i have a friend who lives in NYC who is coming up to toronto in about 2 weeks. i guess there is no chance they would get it in by then?

4. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Are there any frame stats in the guide?

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

No frame stats AFAIK. Just damage stats for now... with typos... ick.
    Hopefully Gamest will come out with a more accurate mook w/ frame stats too.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

6. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

>Hopefully Gamest will come out with a more accurate mook w/ frame stats too.

Gamest and its publisher Shinseisha no longer exist. AFAIK, the most common arcade vidgame mag in Japan nowadays is Arcadia.

"Ekhis balles? Ela na pexoume."

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Oops! Yep I've been away for awhile........... ;>

Yupa sheds a tear for the loss of Gamest magazine... :-(

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I read that most of the staff from Gamest moved over to Arcadia anyway, so the VF stuff is just as good (if not better... the quality of the red book seems higher than the old VF3 mooks IMHO).

[​IMG]

9. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I am just wondering whether there are any more books on VF4 which will be released soon other than this book. anyway I found a link that shows the cover of the book

http://books.softbank.co.jp/bm_detail.asp?sku=4797317973

This is the perfect guide right? Is there a newer book? My collegue is going to Japan soon and I will probably ask him to get me a copy. I read somewhere about a black book being released. ??

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yep yep, that's the one I placed on order myself at Kinokuniya here in the US. Softbank VF4 Perfect Guide, aka the "black book".

I've heard mention of an Arcadia Blue Book... quite possibly the sequel to the Red Book, which might have frame stats... but that's probably still in the works.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.feixaq.com/vf4>[​IMG]</A>

11. Karma

Karma Member

I have ordered and received several Softbank titles from Kinokuniya Singapore without any hiccups, so it should be safe.

As I've mentioned before, Kinokuniya has confirmed that they will NOT be able to bring in the Enterbrain Red Book (or any Enterbrain title for that matter) due to copyright/licensing issues. I've placed orders for it elsewhere but have yet to receive any news on it.

12. Cros

Cros Member

OK...

Let’s see if I got this straight.

So the red book came out first, and it was for ver. A. The two latest guides, blue and black books, are for ver. B. It that correct?

Are they all made by the same company? Someone mentioned that the blue book was the successor to the red, so I assume those two came from the same company. But what about the black book? Lastly; are there any significant differences between the blue and black books?

I’m curious because I’ve been told that Japanese VF guides are pretty good (info you’d actually use), and people here have been posting info from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

13. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Dont drag up posts this old. Yes that is the correct order. The red and blue books were done by softbank I am not sure if the black book is buy the same company. Just wondering where are you from? I think you might be from Omaha now I just have to figure out which one of the Tekken kids you are.

14. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I don't see any problam bringing up old threads, if you made a new thread, someone here would get up your ass and say that you should've used the search function to find an older thread, like this one. Welcome to VFDC.

AFAIK, the blue book is still not out. The red and blue books were published by enterbrain, and are written by writers from arcadia magazine. In the back of the red book, there's mention of the blue book coming soon, so that's why people mention it.

The black book is published by softbank. It's called VF4 Perfect Guide. Since it's about ver B, it's the only book I'd recommend getting at the moment.

In addition, several japanese game magazines like The Playstation 2, DoRiMaGa, and Arcadia have bi-weekly or monthly VF4 sections, and are worth checking out.

Spotlite

15. Hayai_JiJi

I was trying to save him some harassment. I have seen people get flamed for dragging up older threads. Thanks for the clarification on the books.

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I heard the blue book is postponed till end of Dec. Drat, no frame stats till then.

17. Hayai_JiJi

I have seen the blue book it was small pocket sized had Lei-Fei on one side and Vanessa on the other and it was blue. Someone who just got back from japan had it. So i think it is out unless I am mistaken.

18. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

People get flamed for just about anything here at the good ol' VFDC. Again, welcome to VFDC/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

19. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

That's the black book, just without the plastic cover. I have the book you are talking about.

The "blue book" is the Arcadia magazine that's slated to come out in Dec.

20. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, know where I can order the book online somewhere?