1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 character fanart sketches

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero-chan, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I've felt rather inspired with my drawing work recently, and I've done a few attempts at sketching some of the VF4 characters. I figured I might as well share them here. Keep in mind that these are just sketches and not really "serious" drawings, so they're pretty rough.

http://www.fightingvipers.net/etc/leisketch.jpg
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.fightingvipers.net/etc/aoisketch.jpg>http://www.fightingvipers.net/etc/aoisketch.jpg</a>

Yes, I know my style's a bit strange... I dunno if you guys will really like it or not. (._.)
    But anyway, feel free to tell me what you think...

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

hmm, i actually like it. it defenetly has a type of style (cat) :). my favorite one is the aoi pic. also, this pic here: [​IMG]

is pretty cool, dunno why.

keep it up..

3. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

heh, lei is too funny!

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

lei looks like krillin from DBZ. good sketches, keep em coming.

5. Zero-chan

Well, I did some more rough VF4 character sketches this week. I drew them in some of my more boring classes alongside my notes. Unfortunately I only have my scanner at home, and I forgot to bring my notebooks home with me this weekend. D'oh! Nonetheless I'll try to scan them soon.

Anyway, I decided to post a 95% finished "serious" fanart piece I've been working on, so you all can get an idea of what my finished drawings can look like. You can see it <a target="_blank" href=http://www.fightingvipers.net/etc/epsilon.jpg>here.</a>
    Anyone who can identify the game this character is from gets bonus points and my respect! (HINT: It's one of the best MegaDrive games ever)

Comments and suggestions are welcome! I am very please with it so far, except I think it's a little too dark. Hirm.

6. Zero-chan

Re: VF4 character fanart sketches *DELETED*

Post deleted by Zero-chan

7. Zero-chan

Yay, my server appears to have revived itself. Please check the picture out.

8. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Hmm the server doesn't appear to be working, I'll try again later

9. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

nice drawing...........don't know who the hell it is though....

10. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

WOW! nice job!! your really talented!!

11. Darkseed

Am I the only one who can't access the page? Zero-Chan could you perhaps send them to me some other way?

12. Darkseed

Ahh finally it worked, those sketches are nice and I really like the other one. Now, correct me if im wrong which I probably am since my memory of him is kinda vague, but isn't that guy from Sonic 2?

13. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

It's Alien Soldier isn't it?
    That really wierd Treasure shooter. Cool game, I only wished the Genesis emulator for DC was a bit faster and had better sound...

14. Zero-chan

PROPS! You are mad l33t! You get to wear the Smarty-man hat for today. *applause*

Yeah, in case anyone here hasn't played it (probably most of you), Alien Soldier is awesome. It's fast, involves more strategy than any other platform/shooter I've played, and is really, really hard. It was never released in the US though (only in Japan and Europe) so most people will probably have to get an emulator to enjoy it. It's worth it.

15. Darkseed

Doh! *slaps forehead*

Alien Soldier that's it! Damn that game was good, I had completely forgotten about it, I only had a really vague memory of that guy in your drawing. Sonic 2? What was I thinking.

16. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

what emulator did you use? where did you get it? I would love to play thisgame....

17. Goom

Goom Active Member

Care to share some of your "serious" drawings? (VF related only)

18. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

hey darkseed are you named after the jack kirby villain darkseid?

19. Darkseed

No sorry, I actually made it up myself a long time ago. I later found out there was a band called Darkseed though

20. Zero-chan

I use either Gens or Kega for MD emulation... they're both very, very good. Just look around if you want a ROM, it shouldn't be too tough to find.

Anyways, here are more very rough sketches from my class notebooks, one VF-related and one not:
    Demoness