1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 - Chicago Update

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MADrox, Dec 4, 2001.

1. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Good News::

Harlem & Irving is till .50 cents to play , but is only single token to continue.

Bad News:

Most arcades i've called said they never intend to get the damn game. :(
    screw them.
    We at least need 1 final version. Everyone else may get it when its out for ps2.

slop-stino

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. They aren't upgrading their test version to ver B? That's crazy, it's just a DVD disc swap, no? I thought that part of the reason why arcades got test machines was so that they would also be one of the first to get upgrades to final versions of games... weirdness... or is it just SOA screwing with us again...

3. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Curious,
    do you know what the going price is for this cd???
    hardware cost is taken care of with cabinet.
    maybe 500 bucks for cd???

4. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver Well-Known Member

VF4 is on a N2 ROM cart, not on a GD. There is a GD-ROM attachment for N1/2, but few games have been released on the format (Sports Jam and CvS2, for instance). As far as I know, there have been no N2-specific games released on GD format so far.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up. My point is still the same though... swapping ROM carts is a 5 min job. If an arcade signs up to get a test version doesn't that imply that they'll get a free upgrade when the final version comes out? Or if they got the test version cabinet for free, you would think that the game would be removed from the arcade once the test period was complete. Ver B machines are showing up all over North America. The test is over. Cripes, it's not like SOA listened to anything test players had to say... we'd have some form of the VFnet options in the arcade game if they had...

6. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

right.
    I just finished talking to the district manager of the arcade chain that has the test box and she doen't even know what I was talking about. No one at the place did. she is asking me for more info so she knows what to look for, but she still has to get back to me on some other stuff.
    The main namco place didnt' even know they had the machine at all.

dip-stino

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

If they don't know they have the game, then just walk into the place with a hand truck and remove the damn thing yourself... Say you're from Sega of America and there was some sort of paper work fuck up... the machine fell thru the cracks so to speak... Then call another distribuator and see if you can get a hold of the upgrade cart on your own... cripes.

Seriously, now that they know they have it :p it might be easier to convince them to upgrade it. Whatever...

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

DUDE I FINALLY GOT SH2!!!!
    special package..comes in slipcase cover n a DVD..with a film documentary showing the making of SH2
    trailers for mgs2 n sh2 n stuff

btw, how's life? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif