1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 coming to DC after all?!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by 3of19, Jun 5, 2001.

1. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

From Gaming Age:
    " Sega announced today that Shenmue II will hit Japanese store shelves on September 6th,
    2001. A special Virtua Fighter 4 premium disc will also be available on the same day for a
    limited time. The contents of the disc are uncertain but could be a hint towards VF4 for the
    DC
    . We'll have more soon, here at GA. "

Oh my! VF4 for DC would be fantastic. It may end up being a preview disc for PS2 of sorts or a disc with cideos of the arcade version, so those of you who only have a DC like me, don't go completely crazy yet.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Heh heh, no offense to my beloved Dreamcast, but methinks the PS2 version will be quite good. ::wink, wink::

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

hehehehehe
    I know EXACTLY what u mean /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I'd actually rather they release a tweaked version of VF3tb
    than a VF4 that wasn't done perfectly,it could be a sort of version 3.5...maybe add some new stages,improve the graphics and add a couple of new characters.

If they go this way i'd like that they don't go Fighters Megamix style but instead keep it distinctly VF just add characters that would fit the VF style...no novelty characters PLEASE..but the guy from Shinobi and some Shenmue characters could be quite good?.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yu Suzuki told at the E3 that he would like to make a DC port and he is 100% convinced that a good port is posible...but he also said there are contractual obligations to sony. Textures matter a lot in VF4 and believe me the DC is a better Texture mashine then PS2. For the Poligons we can make good compromises in the background, now that they are flat and the Backgroundinteraction is less.......still hopeing for a DC-port

nascar

6. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Bad? update

More info from dc.ign on the topic:

"The first bit of news regards Virtua Fighter 4. As mentioned
    yesterday, AM2 will be including a so-called "premium disk" for
    VF4 with the Japanese release of Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast in
    September. There seems to be some confusion. Shenmue 2 is
    not coming out for the PS2 and Virtua Fighter 4 is not coming
    out for the Dreamcast -- at least nothing has been announced
    on both ends. AM2's decision to include the VF4 premium disk
    has to do with their impression that Dreamcast fans are
    disappointed that the game is coming out for the PS2."

Great way of reducing disappointment, give the DC fans a disc with movies from the PS2 version, that'll cheer them up! Urg! Please let it be more than that...
    On a happier note for Sega, VF 4 is topping the arcade charts in Japan, and that with only a couple of machines out in certain test locations. Sega is going to make some big cash on VF4 oncce it officially releases.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Bad? update

> On a happier note for Sega, VF 4 is topping the arcade charts in Japan, and that with only a couple of machines out in certain test locations. Sega is going to make some big cash on VF4 oncce it officially releases.

I'm not sure if that's a testament of VF4's strength or the ultimate sign of a staggering arcade market. (Bit of both, I wager).

8. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

so when do you think the arcade will make it to the uk?

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

9. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

hehehe..i didn't mean the background is flat but the rings(exept snow and sand stages, but that is more a grafical issue and has probably nothing to do with the gameplay). Well for exemple lau-pai stage the ring consists of differnet square components(like chess). For a DC conversion you can make the ring totaly flat and don't waste power for such little things....you can achieve a similar effect wit the textures. The same thing in the Background, because there won't be any colosseum seeing tour(walking outside of the ring) there is no need for such huge poligon Amounts in the Background(DC-Version). You can achieve simillar effects with big flat poligons and good texture work.

I saw Virtua striker 3 and it was rather dissapointing(Grafical improvment) if you compare it with VS 2000(naomi1). Well a conversion is easily possible..the saturn -model2,3 times are definetly over.

this Special VF4 disk for Shenmue makes me angry. If there wont be a DC version there is no point in doinig that it will make DC only users more mad(I have a friend who plays PC, he bought a DC only for 200% VF3 50%SC2,50&DA2.

cya

10. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Sure, it will even make it to little Switzerland....i'm sure. But probably the cardsystem won't be introduced in Europe...goodbye VF.NET.....

cya

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

The question asked if anyone knew when, and not if, VF4 was coming to the UK.

AFAIK, Sega have never publicised the release dates of VF games in arcades outside of Japan. History is usually a good indicator of how soon to expect the latest VF game in your arcade after it has been released in Japan.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry,for the when, well I can talk about Virtuastriker 3 in Switzerland i don't no if you can generalize this for the U.K.
    We alredy got VS3 here. It was released here about 1-2 moth ago, the release date was almost identical with the Japan release

cya