1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 CPU A.I v.s V.F 3 CPU A.I

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Nov 17, 2001.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Well, hallo from switzerland, guys...

As you can see from the subject. i would like to hear your impression about the VF4 v.s VF3 CPU A.I.
    Mainly because i've got some Problems with the CPU in VF4(i know waht a shame). Today i've played VF3TB on my DC and finished it at the first try without Problem(I've played with Taka and Lion,CPU very Hard, don't make me laugh)

I'm having some problems with Vf4 ,. i only finish Vf4 with Lion(without continue). But as always i want to play with multiple characters. But i'can't practice against the CPU when he starts to behave like "crazy", starting from Kage.
    After 4 weeks i'm the only one who finished the game on both VF4 Mashines. it's really a pitty that there isn't much Human competition here....... Only my Vf-friend.

To practice against the CPU i would like to know some effective moves for each Character ,please can you help?

Lion: This are my "tricks"

this two things work really well:

u+K,K and then Pounce(pounce works almost 100%)

fd+P(only one time Punch),d+P /d,f P+G

of course i know a lot of other effective combinations, but please can you help me out a little bit, so i can finally start to practice with the whole VF bunch without spending to much money.......

You are lucky guys having the opportunity to fight against human opponents(during Vf3 times the situation here was a lot better)

I hope creed doesn't want to rape me with a sharp stick :D

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Well, you could always try to survive with the standard moves like Akira's dashing elbow (f,f+P), Jacky's beatknuckle combo (P+K,P,K) and elbow-heelkick (f+P,K), and Shun's chouwan uppercut (df,f+P). If you find hopkicks work with Lion, you can always try Sarah's u+K+G version (tack on a ub+K kickflip on MC, a pounce otherwise).

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

come to think of it I have not completed the game with Lion .... duh...

I hvae always thought that Lion was pretty hard to complete with.

Use Wolf it is very easy. Just do knee or thow vs CPU. Mixed up your throw as CPU escapes if you do the same throw. After knee do a short shoulder bf+p+k. Best of all CPU likes to tech roll and the Low grab (d/f,d/f+p+k+g) is close to 90% confirmed vs a tech roll CPU and CPU do not break low grab. dunno why though.

With sarah, elbow knee pounce and b+p+g pounce will kill CPU.

4. nascarbryant

Thanks, guys
    Well you know, when i start a fight with JACKY, i always use f,f+K (buffering) It almost works 100% .
    Jackys p,K when he switches step, works also very good(good old Vf1 move)
    Or b+PKG during he's dance d+K,K works also very good espescially when an oponnent dashes towars you.

Title question.
    My impression is that VF4 CPU is much more aggressive than in VF3. The first 3 behave like Idiots(like in Vf2). But starting from Kage, the CPU starts guarding very efficiently,,,,having always an very effective answer against your attacks(i don't know our difficult setting)

What Intro have you got Wolf stage or lei Fei Stage?

5. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

So how fair a competitor is the computer in VF4? I have no problem with facing a difficult CPU opponent, as long as I lost fair and square. These days, I'm playing VF2 on Saturn, and the computer is a cheating bastard. I've come very close to throwing my Saturn out the window on a few occasions.

6. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

So far the CPU on VF4 isn't as dirty as previous versions that I can tell... it just has nano-second reaction time like the upper level difficulties of Tekken (ultra hard)... whatever attack you do, it uses a better one to snuff it, even if their move of choice usually isn't a good attack (it is vs the attack you used though). It guards all the mixups and breaks throws quite well, and it learns from repititions... a string or flow may work once or twice but that's about it. I can only get to about Lau or Wolf on one try, myself. One thing I did notice is that extreme agression (without grabs) works pretty well throughout, esp w/buffering.

7. nascarbryant

Wolf's dodge attack(grab) works also very well.(similar to Kings tekken 3 dodge-grab).

aoi&Wolf CPU seem very weak............

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

it seems like you play quite cheap with lion if those are your techniques...

he's more for tap combos and fast throws NOT for power hits

if you wanna see lion tactics, download my lion movie at..
    www.geocities.com/virtuafightermedia,

it's quite early in my play, but it should still give you some good ideas (^_^)
    i guess whatching is better than reading eh?

let me know what ya think when you get them